Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BACK HOME, BUT .......

Home from the mountains...got back late this afternoon but not much in to blogging or visiting....I have a canker sore...those who may not know what it is just look above and you will see a picture that I pulled off the Internet. It is so painful, mouth swollen along with lymph nodes, hard to swallow much less eat and hurts to talk. Treatment is basically gargle with peroxide and water and wait till it goes away. This is the first time I have ever had one of these things and I hope the last time.

Until I can get some relief I will be in la la land wishing I was feeling better.

12 comments:

Jill said...

OOOH!!! That looks(and sounds) SO painful!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
Many Blessings! and lots of well wishes!
Jill

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sweetie- I hope you feel better soon! Be good to yourself and take lots of naps... Lori

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Stay away from chocolate while you have it, actually anything acidic... It will make it worse, on the bright side the mouth heals QUICKLY, I would also try gargling with warm salt water and or Listerine.

Andora said...

Gosh...I hope it gets better really soon...I haven't had one of those either...and sounds like I don't want one....take care...

Jeni said...

Well that sucks! My husband has had one a few times and from living with him I know they are a pain. Hopes it's outahere soon.

Laurie and Chris said...

I used to get these all the time when I had braces and the braces would rub on them. I know the pain you are inIf it gets to bad they do make medicaine for them "canke aid" is one of them.

April said...

Yes, those do hurt A LOT! Sending you get well wishes. Feel better SOON!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Eeek - that looks painful! My daughter gets those and I know they are so painful. Hope you start feeling better soon!

XOXOX
jen

Ruth Ann said...

Awww feel better soon! Last year Alex had a virus and when the pediatrician looked in his mouth with a flash light his whole mouth was full of them! He was in soo much pain! He has been sick this past week, and he had one on his tongue and got a cold sore as well! He cries a lot and will say things like "Orange juice makes my mouth hurt!" Poor guy....I know how you feel! Feel better soon! And have you tried any home remedies? I'm sure there are natural things out there you can try to ease the pain. I'll have to do a little research and I'll let you know if I find anything out! Have a great night!

Beth at Aunties said...

They are so painful.
A remedy I have tried and works is to place a plain asprin on it and hold it in place until it desolves. It really helps!
I hope you are doing much better now.:)

Joanna said...

Well wishes being sent your way!

Catherine Anne said...

My son get these too. Im so sorry!