I finally got out some this weekend and would you know Walmart was one those places I ventured into. I was picking a few items up and saw the stock man putting pies out for the Thanksgiving holidays. I just happen to look over and saw Paula Deen pies. I thought for a moment and I was in the need of a pecan pie fix but just didn't have time to make one. I eased over to the bakery and saw their pies were 5 bucks. I thought to myself I was not going to pay that for a pecan pie when I have all the items at home and can make 2 of those for that price. So I headed to pick up a couple of other items and ended back over at Paula's pies again. I thought what the heck, hers should be good. She had all kinds of pies but so far I have only sampled the pecan pie. I thought it tasted good but for 8 bucks it was a little to rich for my blood, not in taste though. When it rung up for that I just couldn't put it back up in fear I would not get my fix plus did not want to embarrass myself.
Oh well it was an expensive treat but I don't think I will try any of the other pies.
Oh well it was an expensive treat but I don't think I will try any of the other pies.
I received my magazine in the mail from Matthew Mead yesterday but I will share my thoughts on it tomorrow.
pulled these images off of googlet




4 comments:
I'm a huge fan of Paula Deen! Not too sure I'd be willing to fork over $8 for one of her pies, though...it better be REAL good for that price! :)
Love Paula Deen too....
Hope you can stop over for a visit and say hi. I am starting a Christmas recipe swap. Hope you will join in and share some of your favorite family holiday recipes. Should be fun! :)
I love Paula Deen and haven't seen hers pies around here. Thanks for the review - I'll know to make my own if I need a pie fix.
I haven't tried her pies, but I have tried the ooey gooey chocolate cake or whatever it is called....I can't remember anything except it was pure AWESOMENESS!!
Post a Comment