Yesterday I was wanting some chocolate chip cookies but only a couple so I pulled out the life saver I keep on hand in the fridge. I know what your thinking but sometimes a girl just wants a little sweet taste and not the whole batch. So this is what I did and I figured I would share my little secret.
See I cheated, couldn't help it !
Here is the original toll house recipe
Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
Directions
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The above recipe is the actual one I use when I make a whole batch for everyone.



6 comments:
mmmm. I love them. Sometimes a raw square or 2 will not even make it to the oven :)
Tana
I have never had the refrigerated dough....looks good though!
Stop over for a visit sometime. :)
Here's a great blog/recipe I came across. We don't eat alot of sweets around here, so making a whole recipe of cookies goes to waste! When I came across this blog about freezing the dough, I thought that this would be pefect for us! I haven't tried it yet, but will soon!
i love that they sell it like that, i'm just afraid the dough wouldn't make it to the oven. ;)
Toll House cookies are my weakness!!!
YUMMY!!! My son had a school fundraiser selling Otis Spunkmeyer frozen cookie dough and I must say Mr. Spunkmeyer is pure evil ha ha. Not really but they are sooooo good, so good that I don't even pop them in the oven I eat them straight out of the freezer. Even worse, I tell the kids not to do it then I sneak when they aren't looking!!
Post a Comment