Thursday, August 19, 2010

THINGS I WILL MISS

Summer is winding down and got me to thinking about what are some of the little things I will miss...

Oh my nothing better than a fresh summer salad with home grown tomatoes. The grocery store tomatoes are nothing like the fresh ones

Always love when July comes around and we get these sweet
 watermelons


about the same time nothing beats a fresh slice peach with sugar and milk...we have been lucky this summer cause of the heat and dry weather, they are still selling these at roadblocks. Peaches just aren't that great from the grocery store either.


Oh yeah baby, flip flops!


Believe it or not just laying out by the pool getting a little bit of sun.


Anyone have any things they will miss as the season ends?

6 comments:

Nichole said...

I'm really not a fan of summer..it's one of my least favorite seasons (summer & winter). There are a couple things I do enjoy about summer though... more daylight, flowers, baseball games, and summer break.

Have a good weekend! :o)

Darlene said...

I'm always ready for summer but I am always MORE ready for it to end and Fall to begin!! I LOVE the cooler, crisp, open-your-windows weather!♥

Anonymous said...

Going outside with no shoes on at all!! and Farmer's Markets, and campfires, and daylight!!

Love your blog design by the way, I love, love, LOVE cute vintage owls and the one on your title is wonderful!

Mrs. McB at mcbsmusings.blogspot.com

Reunion Committee said...

the blog looks great!
ill miss the beach..the sun hitting your skin, longer days and the kids home with me!
~tana

Kelli said...

As much as I am looking forward to Fall I will miss flip flops.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

All friday's favorites for sure!
I'm going to miss my hummingbirds :-)