Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GOOD OLE GOLDEN POOL DAYS



How in the world can anyone survive this heat we have been having in the deep south! Matter a fact we have had three area deaths this past few weeks. One I heard on the news where the lady was just sitting on her front porch and died. We actually have a tree in the back yard we have noticed that is dying so we have the water hose just slowly running each night to try and save it.
Meanwhile we have tried to enjoy the pool as often as we can but these past two weeks we have had to add more water cause the water was to hot to get in it...Anyway I wasn't going to talk about the heat instead about pools. I bought this pool this summer and we just thought we would see how well it would hold up and I have to say pretty good. We have not had any problems and the only thing I have done to maintain it is shock it each Sunday evening and I add couple times a week my chlorine tablets. I also change the filters out or either wash them with the pressure washer so they can be reused to save on money. Overall been a win win situation for us this year. We have talked about putting in a in ground pool but just seem to like above the ground ones so far. Might be the cost is a lot less than adding an in ground. Anyway thought I would share my thoughts on this pool in case anyone decides to buy one at the end of the season for next year. We plan on moving ours out on the grass and level off with sand and add a deck half way around it next year. Also want to change over the salt water pump which would tend to save even more. 

So any pool people out here?

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

We have this very pool in the 15x48 size. We also have the Saltwater system and LOVE IT!

I paid $250.00 for everything thanks to Craigslist and I thought that was pretty good considering the Saltwater system is $200.00 alone.

:)Rachel

Enjoy your new pool we love ours! We have friends that have this same pool and have used it for over 4 years and it still looks great!

PS. We bought $14.97 worth of Salt for the saltwater system and that is all we need for this summer!

Elise said...

You aren't kidding about this heat we've been having. Its miserable!! I wish we had the yard to have such a pool, but no, I don't think it'd do on our little sliver.
Stay cool!! Ha!!
Elise

Unknown said...

The Whimsical Princess here, just stopping by to say hi! The pool looks great. It has only been in the 90's here and fortunatly we cool off into the 60's at night not too shabby.