Thursday, July 29, 2010

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

Memories....I know you have lots but do you ever see something from your childhood and wish you had it just to look at and think back. Well I saw this on ebay when I was looking for something or another and my grandparents used to drink their  juice in a glass like this....so what do I do I bought the glass...just one but at least when I see this in my kitchen it will bring back really nice childhood memories.....Have you done anything like this before?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the glass!

Carrie

Kathleen said...

OMG..my Aunt who was very special to me,had those very same glasses..!! It would bring warm and special thoughts also when looking at it. Great find..!!

Susan said...

OMG, we had the same glasses when I was a kid. I loved them then and I love it now.

Have to admit, I am one for buying just one piece. Drives my husband up a wall.

Unknown said...

my whole house is filled with vintage and i'm still looking for orange juice glasses like my grandparents had. i'm glad you bought one..a very special glass!

Darlene said...

I LOVE that glass. Yes, things bring back memories all the time.

I got the birdfeeder in my header at www.gardeners.com.....I don't see mine anymore but here is another link to some similar to them http://www.gardeners.com/Mini-Globe-Birdfeeders/20762,38-265,default,cp.html

Tiffany said...

Love it!...and Oh yea!! I am always looking for things like this...I LOVE the memories & feelings of my childhood!

Paula@SweetPea said...

What a cute glass! I'm lucky that my mother and grandmothers didn't throw anything away so there's plenty of memories around all of the time. It's really fun to go to see an aunt or cousin who got something of Granny's that I haven't seen in a long time. I was at my aunt's house the other day and I walked around just looking and looking. She had a lot of my grandmother's things on display.

Tam said...

Great Glass. I loved the little juice glass my Grandmother use to have.

Do you know what Dawn Dolls are? I have a few of them and they always bring back childhood memories for me.

I have a great story about my Barbie Boat that I had to have when I saw it at a Flea. It was never opened or played with from the early 70's and I had to HAVE it for the Memories. I talked the Man down to 20.00 and I LOOK at the box everyday up in my closet!

My Mother was LIKE OMG you use to scratch my hall floors with that thing and you carried it everywhere I can not believe you found a brand new on in the box!

So yes yes YES...I liked this post!