Monday, July 19, 2010

GOOD DEALS CAN'T BE BEAT


Good Monday Morning....

Thought I would join in on Rhoda's Thrifty Treasure’s today and though it was not at a yard sale it was still a deal...Do you consider Goodwill a type of yard sale? Well I do...it's just inside and not out. Anyway when I went to Ashville, NC a few weeks ago, I went to some Goodwill stores and a few yard sales...nothing to much of a deal at the yard sale ones but when I was walking out side the door  of Goodwill I saw this glass case and it was nice brand stuff but only thing was you could not buy it, you had to bid on it...I guess they were trying to get the best price for them.....I put my bid in of 17.00 for the green backpack purse....no stains, smells or anything....just overall in excellent condition. They have there drawing each Saturday evening and I was lucky and won.

On the dark one I also got a wallet with it in the same style....great for fall and it was 23.00....so all in all I think this was a great thrifty buy since Vera Bradley is a little bit high priced....Now I will not pay full price on any of those anymore...since coming home with some great deals I found out goodwill has website you can bid on so I have been looking around and also visiting my local store.  The web site is shopgoodwill.com


So do you think I got a great deal?

5 comments:

La said...

I like the green bags. I've never thought to visit thrift stores while on vacation...hmmm

mysteryhistorymom said...

Great finds, Beth! Wow!
I will hold the green polka dotted Peony Posy Necklace for you, Sweets! It's my favorite! Just mail me a check (or Paypal) when you can.:) Thanks! Oh, they are approx. 38 inches to allow for tying in the back.
I am putting The Gates on my DVR! Woo Hoo! Lori

Liz Harrell said...

Yep! Good deal! :)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What a deal! Those will come in handy for traveling... or just tote-n!

Tam said...

Great Great DEAL!