You ask what Google Reader is....well I went searching and found this on the web.....I just started using this about a month ago...wow it really is a lot easier to read your favorite blogs from this...I go there from my dashboard. It is located at the bottom of that page...it really makes it a lot faster reading from there than going into each blog one at a time....
Now if I could only get use to using the live writer...one day I might and one day I want someone to fix my blog all pretty like so many others have....you can still have a pretty blog even though you don't blog that often...Right? Yeah you can have anything you want on your blog. Anyway, read below what I found out about Google Reader and then you will know what I just found out and have enjoyed for awhile...I think I am way behind in my blog knowledge.
Any other neat tips you wanna share with me will be most appreciated!
Google Reader takes the “RSS feeds” (or more simply, the constantly updated content) from your favorite blogs or news sites and constantly checks them for updates, so you don’t have to go to little Billy’s model rocket page 5 times a day just to see his latest launch. You just go to your Google Reader and wait for the post to show up.
It’s a lot like having an email account for your blogs. You don’t go to a hundred different sites to get messages from your hundreds of accounts, you go to one email account and let the messages come to you. Why should it be any different with the websites you frequent? Google Reader makes that happen. You go to one place and your websites come to you.
HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES TO MAKE MY HOME A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE!
4 comments:
My sister-in-law introduced me to Google Reader a couple years ago. I love the ease of blog reading...only problem is I've gotten really bad about leaving comments as I read!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Beth- It was so great to hear from you, Sweetie! Thanks for stopping by my new blog and giving me some love.:) I would love to have you join my swap! Just send me your address and some things that you like (ex. aprons, chocolate, polka dots, etc.) so your partner can get to know you. Aren't those Silly Bandz fun?? Lori
I am so glad that you are well, dear friend. Chest pain and the ER are on my list of Least favorite things. Big Hugs.:)
Love it, but if I could add something to it I would want to add the option to organize your starred articles better. I see the tag system and I use that for things that are "MUST DO", "Kids Crafts", etc. but that does not always work properly! Do you know of any other way to organize your starred articles??
I use bloglines, but I am thinking of switching my stuff over to google reader because everything else is google these days and I bet it would all integrate better :)
Post a Comment