Friday, September 18, 2009

FRIDAY RAMBLINS

TGIF Pictures, Images and Photos



Guess you understand I am so happy today is Friday! It has been a long week with sick kids and not having much computer time.

Last Friday was Grandparents Day at school and since Lexi's grandparents were on their 55th wedding anniversary trip I went so she would have someone to eat with her. They did a little program and made cards for each side of the family. I didn't get to keep those cards but her grandparents will enjoy what she made them when she sees them next month.
Just a couple pics from her class.


Lexi was at the football cheering and she loves it. It was her first official Raider Game and we won as I said on Monday. Oh it was hot and muggy but we still had a great night.


Last weekend I finally after seeing so many of these garlands around I decided to start on mine. I made it a little longer than normal cause mine will be hung in the bathroom on my mirror. I have also been working on a banner for Fall. I have had some burlap for gosh years and years and never did anything with it so when I saw it was popular this year I thought I would dig it out and use it instead of it just sitting in my closet being useless.




Last week I also blogged about these dishes...well I decided to check etsy out and I was in total shock when I saw a set of 4 dinner plates, cups, bowls, and saucers for 20 bucks.....yes I said 20.00 dollars and shipping was only a couple of dollars...Oh yeah baby I grabbed those dishes up and got them in the middle of the week. I was a happy camper.
I am still wanting to get some more of these so if anyone sees any pieces please let me know. I saw a platter on another site and plan on getting it.
I also went to Goodwill and picked up some set of white ironstone dishes. I have been wanting to hang some up on my walls since I have seen it around here also. I am a natural copycat....hehehe but why not when it looks so good!
Hopefully my family will stay on the mend from this flu bug that has been dissing us all....and I can get back to regular blogging.
Have a great weekend and maybe I can get around to visit over the weekend.






5 comments:

Darlene said...

Lexi looks so cute cheerleading!!! Hope everyone gets well in your household. I'm really glad it is Friday too!!! Have a great weekend.

Jill said...

So sorry to hear ya'll have been under the weather! Lexi is a DOLL!! LOVE your garland!!! and great find!!
Blessings!
Jill

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lexi is so cute with her pom poms and amazing garland, Sweets! Great find on the plates, too! WooHOO! Lori

Erica said...

I love the pic of Lexi with her glasses on :) Good job finding your plates, I love Etsy! Have a great weekend :)
Erica

Jeni said...

I sure hope I get a 55th wedding anniversary! Congrats to them!

Lexi looks so pretty at the football game. Our hot is gone this week...we have had 70's and one day it hit 80 but still a little muggy.

Aren't you lucky to find those dishes you wanted...have fun with them.

TGIF!!!!!