Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A FEW DAYS LATE: ROOSTER PARTY

Barb over at Bella Vista had a Rooster Party last Friday and this ole rooster was a bit under the weather but I'm back and ready.
If you haven't been over to the party then go check out all the fun that was had last week.

Salt & Pepper Shakers
Head Honcho

Big Shot


Deviled egg dish but I use it as wall decor now. Been thinking about pulling the spray paint out and paint it heirloom white. What cha think? Keep it or spray paint it?


Another




and another

Even some claw feet silver prongs

what about some little plates...Ruth Ann sent these to me.
My flag
Rooster Plate
few more hidden on top of my cabinets
candle holder


rooster tassels I got off etsy
last fall I bought this rooster at my one and only favorite thrift store

my pretty rooster rug I bought when we built our house last year
larger view of my rug

Well that is about the gist of my roosters...Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my favorite collections...
Today will be a even better day when I get home from work...I hired someone to clean my house and I am in la la land with the fact I will have a clean home when I get home today. She does everything and I am so happy I found someone that came with some impeccable references.....
I finally told hubby that it is just to much for me to do with kids having after school activities, cooking supper, going from one place to another and then by the time the weekend comes I spend it cleaning so she will come every other week and help me now. That is an awesome present...guess you could say I got this as my anniversary present which is the 5th so not bad of a gift if I say so myself.
My weekend will consist of getting my Fall decor out and about. I also have to start on some invitations for a couples bridal shower I am hosting next month. So hobby Lobby here I come this weekend. Yep that's right a road trip.......
Tomorrow I will share my late cookie recipe that should have been shared today but maybe I can get caught up by the end of the week.












13 comments:

Always Autumn in my heart said...

I LOVE your roosters! I know what you mean, The frustrations of being a working wife/mom can be overwhelming. It will be a blessing to walk after work and not have to do it all.

Barb said...

Hi Sweetie, so glad you are feeling a bit better....it is awful to be sick, isn't it?

Your roosters are just lovely and you have them displayed in such lovely ways. Thank you so much for sharing and joining us!

Take good care of yourself,

Barb :-)

Tam said...

Great Roosters. I do not own a thing with roosters on them.

Have a great Road Trip!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better :o)

And it's never too late for a rooster party! I'm still making my rooster rounds!

Uh-oh! It looks llke you gotta keep Head Honcho and Big Shot far from each other! They look like they don't want any one moving in on their territory.

Such lovely roosters!...(hmm...whose pair of claw feet are those?)

And a housecleaner sounds "oh, so nice!" :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
If you're not tuckered out...hope you stop by my rooster party :o)

Angie said...

You have a lot of rooster stuff like I do! OK, I really need that beautiful rug and cute flag!

Darlene said...

I absolutely LOVE all your rooster decorations!! From the top of your shelves to the floor!! Glad you are feeling better. WOOHOO for a clean house!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your roosters are all gorgeous. My favorites are the amazing rug and lovely flag.
Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay
x

Always Autumn in my heart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and it was so nice hearing from you. I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I'm a newbie blogger so I appreciate your patience in taking me so long to get back to you. I hope you like the pumpkin rolls as much as we do.

Shannon said...

I love all of your roosters! I love that egg plate and think it would look great painted heirloom white!

Sarah said...

Enjoyed your party. Hope you are feeling better!
Stop by my place if you are feeling like a party. Lots of roosters there!

Tam said...

Count done to Road Trip! Have FUN!

Deb said...

I love roosters, too. But ya know what, you have me beat!

Go Dawgs!

Barb said...

Hi sweet girl, loved your visit. I will post something later about how to make the fabric pumpkins. They are easy and fun.

Barb :-)