Monday, August 3, 2009

LINKY HOOKUP

The weekend started off nice....I fixed some sausage patties before I headed to town. Oh these are so yummy....sprinkle brown sugar on them while they are cooking and such a sweet taste. I love fixing these this way because it reminds me of my Annabelle. Memories, if we could only step back in time and talk to those love ones. I would go all the time....she was the best!
Well on to my weekend....Friday night we went to Walmart and it was a tax free weekend so had to pick up some school supplies....save a little somehow....Weeks ago I bought Lexi's school clothes online from Children's Place...my favorite place to shop. I will share all those in the coming weeks since we start school in less than two weeks.



Can you hear it sizzle? Wish I was home cooking some for me now...I think I want some for supper.

Picked this tart warmer up at Salvation Army Store Friday for $1.59...good deal...I don't use fruit in my decor at home and not sure what I will do but for the price it was worth it...funny thing is the warmer was by itself and then the tart plate was over in the dishes with the bowls...I saw the warmer first and thought no I don't need it without the dish and then the dish pops out from nowhere and I realize they thought it was a bowl so I grabbed and went back and picked it up.

Can you tell my next treasure Lexi thinks this is her table for her to play tea set party....I know don't judge me but I am so broke I can't afford to buy my little one proper tea attire....maybe one of these days I will see them at the thrift or yard sales...but don't hold your breath! If by chance you see any pick it up for me and give a little love to my Lexi......hehehehe
On to my trunk now.....I didn't pick this up but I have had this old trunk for a long time....never really knew what to do with this but I saw where someone in blog land redid one so I thought I would see what others might think. It looks a little too big for a coffee table so I thought maybe use it at my front entrance way as a table and just add a lamp and couple other items...What do you think and should I paint this black? Please suggest what I could do with this...I thought about putting my seasonal decor in the trunk so I will have easy access....


Picked a few other items up but no pics yet...I
joined in with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for her weekly "Today's Thrifty Treasures" and plan on coming here on Monday's since it seems to be lots of fun visiting others on their quest to find hidden treasures.





5 comments:

Elise said...

I like it as is...Don't know if that helps or not. I do think it would make a cute table, not coffee table.
Elise

Anonymous said...

You have just made me want to eat and go thriftin'...smiles~

Kammy said...

Super nice !
Kammy

April said...

I've never heard of sprinkling brown sugar on sausage...boy, does that sound GOOD! Love all your thrifty finds! I, too, like your trunk as it is...but, painting it black would look great, too! I'm so wishy-washy!

Andora said...

I will have to try that brown sugar idea.and i do like the trunk as is too..