Sunday, August 16, 2009

TO BEE OR NOT

All this Halloween crafts poping up got me to looking for costumes for Lexi this year. The last few years we have bought our costume from Children's Place and have been satisfied with them. I received their back to school flyer in the mail this weekend and saw where they will have costumes in the stores August 18. I searched online but none appeal to us so I went over to Pottery Barn. Oh my they have a couple of cute ones and we both decided on this costume..but I am hesitate cause the price tag is $69.00. plus $12.00 for the treat bag. The most I have spent on costumes has been up to $50.00 including treat bag and tights. I just am undecided but she is really wanting to be a bumble bee.
Since she started school they do have character week and I was thinking she could wear it for that if I can find a book that revolves around a bumble bee.
Anyone know of any storybooks in this nature? That way I could maybe see the price a little better since I would have to get her a outfit made for that.

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Halloween is on my brain. I started making some Halloween skirts...and boy do I love them. If you email me you address again I will mail you something to show you how so you can make some for Lexi.

wiesbaden2003@yahoo.com

But that Bee from pottery barn is precious.

Ruth Ann said...

I love that costume! It is adorable! I found a great book on Amazon called "Ruby Lee the Bumble Bee!" It seems like a great book for her to take to class...here's the url: http://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Lee-Bumble-Bee-Wisdom/dp/0975434209

April said...

Halloween has always been such a fun time for our girls. That costume is so cute! Brittany was a bumble bee when she was about 2 years old...sniff, sniff.

Michele said...

What a cute costume Beth! There has got to be a book out there somewhere that can go with the costume! I agree tho, that is a bit steep for one!

Hugz,
Michele

Jill said...

LOOVE the costume!!! I'm sure there are books with bees!...I sure hope so! cause it's too cute!
Blessings!
Jill

Unknown said...

very cute costume!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's a cute costume! I'm sure if you searched Amazon you could come up with a book.

Manuela

Darlene said...

That costume is adorable and it sounds like Ruth Ann has come up with the perfect book for it!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute costume! There must be a bee book somewhere... Good luck!

XOXO
Jen