Over at This Southern Girls Nest is hosting 52 cookies a year on Tuesdays now and I decided I am going to join in on the fun. Now let me tell you I will be pulling favorite recipes that I have and will share but actually bake cookies every week will not happen because I would BIGGER than I am already. See I am trying to work out and get some of this weight off but baking cookies each week will not help at all.
Although I do bake a lot during the holidays I will have some real pics of some of my favorite recipes to share, however, today I pulled this picture & recipe off the net but I do make this during the holidays. In a few months I will show you my actual cookie.
Anyway how about join in cause I would love to see some different cookie recipes to share through the holidays.

1 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
Beat in the water and vanilla.
Stir in the flour and pecans until well blended.
Cover dough and chill for at least four hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Shape dough into walnut sized balls or crescents.
Place 2 inches apart onto unprepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden.
Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm.
On the last part I actually don't roll mine in powered sugar I use brown sugar. Some reason they are so much better than the powered but either one is fine.


9 comments:
Thanks for linking up! Yum...I love pecans.
Oh I totally understand not baking every week. I am gonna have to stay away from the cookie jar once they are all made up. One to taste and that is gonna have to be it! I can see how it would sabotage anybody. *smiles*
All I can say is YUM!!!!
This is great! I'm participating for the first time this week and can't wait to see what others are doing week to week - FUN! The cookies look so good - what are they called? ♥
That is one of my favorite recipes, but I have never heard of using brown sugar. I'll definitely try that. Linda
Looks fantastic.
As for you baking.. I'm just saying.. I have 7 kids in my house... three of them teens, one of them a teen football player.
Wanna send cookies MY way.. I won't complain.. hehehe
Oh my! I haven't had these type cookies in so long because of my son's nut allergy. Honestly looking at the picture, I could just taste them---of course that is so not as good as real cookies.
Brown sugar---that sounds great!
Hey Sweets! Yes, I do make little girls bracelets. They are so fun! Did you have anything in mind? I can do buttons or beads (or a combination) and would love to make one for Lexi. Just let me know... Lori
Hi there. Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to see you again sometime!
Thanks for the sweet comments! I got my header idea from a sign my mother gave to my husband one Christmas! I hope I don't get into trouble using it LOL!!! So this morning I was looking at your blog and realized we had the same background! I found another one I liked and changed it-I guess great minds think alike! I would love to do the 52 cookies a year thing, but I trying hard to lose weight and that would be a train wreck!
Have a great day!
Erica :)
Post a Comment