Wednesday, August 26, 2009

GETTING READY FOR FALL

IM000262 A week or so ago I asked Jeni from At Home In Georgia on how to sew these cute skirts that she was doing for Madi. Well she sent me a note that she was going to send me something to help me make one for Lexi. So I just assumed it would be a pattern or something that she freehand since she is so talented. Oh no she didn't send just an example but also whipped up a skirt for Lexi! She also sent me a home made card and some printouts patterns of some Fall stitchery for me to have. She also introduced me to stitchery a few months back. Anyway I wanted to share how sweet and thoughtful Jeni is and for you all to keep her family in your prayers. He hubby, Steve is over in Iraq and is suppose to be home by Thanksgiving. I always try to remind Jeni in my comments that time is getting closer and maybe you all will also give her a kind word of how fast Thanksgiving will be here. I know not fast enough for Jeni but at least maybe it will help assure her it will be here before we know it. Hugs to you my sweet Georgia friend and to your darling kids, Ben and Madi!


Kimba is having a giveaway so be sure and go check out her post. I so want those chicken pillows....love me some chicken and roosters.

10 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a sweetheart! Darling skirt! Blogging friends are the best aren't they Beth?;) I will be keeping her husband in my prayers... Lori

April said...

Sounds like you've found yourself a keeper of a bloggy friend! I will definitely stop by her place and let her know I'm praying for her and her family. Anyone who serves our country is a friend of mine!

Michele said...

What a great friend! I'll definitely head over there and give her some words of encouragement!

What an awesome skirt for Lexi too!

Hugz,
Michele

Holly said...

That skirt is adorable! Makes me wish I had girls (I have three boys). I am visiting from TheBlogFrog and wanted to sway welcome! If you ever have any questions about your BlogFrog widget, just let us know. So nice to discover your blog.

Holly at TheBlogFrog

Tam said...

That was SO NICE! Hope all is going great!

Darlene said...

That was so sweet of her and isn't that skirt adorable!?!?!

Elise said...

That is so cute and so sweet of her!!
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

The skirt your friend made for Lexi is gorgeous. That was so kind of her.
Just going over to her blog now.
Lindsay
x

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a sweet and thoughtful friend! That skirt is adorable!

~Amanda

Jeni said...

Hey you are talking about me. I knew I felt my ears burning :-) Thank you Beth for you sweet words thoughts. It is encouraging to me when you wish me the best dealing with Steve's deployment to Iraq.
I sure hope that skirt was able to fit Lexie. So easy maybe you can try a Christmas one for her.