Thursday, July 9, 2009

WHAT'S FOR DINNER & DIY PARTY


Yep I know this should be a dinner for those who are looking for recipes to change up your normal routine but hey something sweet can cap off that meal.....


In the summer I love me some fresh veggies from the garden and do a little bit of grilling my meats on the grill since it is so hot for a oven on....lots of times I will fix me up a batch of cupcakes and not ice them until we decide to eat some for after meal surprise....


Now here is the good part...being that it is summer and fresh fruits are in abundance why not use something for icing instead of the same ole same....so grab some peaches, Georgia ones that is....and process them in a blender....I use around:


4 peaches

1 box of confection sugar

3/4 cup of butter and cream all together


then you have some of the freshest peach buttercream icing to kill for...well don't kill anyone just devoured before someone else beats you to it....they will be gone right before your eyes....

Be sure and head to Joanna's for What's For Dinner &
Kimba also does a DIY party all summer long with different things and recipes is one of them. So head over to both and do a little bit of blog loving or in my case a lot of loving!

10 comments:

April said...

OK, your recipes are killing me! Oh, my goodness, my mouth is watering like crazy! Bless you a thousand times over!

Tonya said...

Sounds divine! (-:

Christine said...

Love the new look of your page over here...very cool! This frosting for the cupcakes sounds yummy! Thanks for the tip...will be visiting this recipe for sure!

Anonymous said...

Girl, that sounds so good! I will have to give that a try.
Now I have one for you. Have you ever grilled your peaches? It only takes a couple of minutes. Just cut your peaches in half and remove the seed, then brush with butter if you want, and grill on each side. Then you can sprinkle with a little sugar or not. I like them plain and have also grilled them without brushing with butter. Either way, they are yummy! I love grilled veggies too.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for sttopping by and becoming a follower. I am adding you as well.
Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds just delicious!

Joanna said...

Sounds really good! I love peaches.

Farmchick said...

Sounds yummy! Stop over for a visit soon--and have yourself a happy weekend too! :)

Lana said...

I'd be making some peach cobbler. Yummy!!!

Blessings to you! Yes, I think the cat is totally spoiled! :)

Jeni said...

This is different and sounds so summery/Georgia/yummy!