Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MEDICAL MISSION TRIP: PICTURE OVERLOAD

Few weeks ago I mentioned that my daughter went to the Dominican Republic for a medical mission trip, well I thought I would share some pics from her trip....some are graphic so if you have a weak stomach be forewarned......

Tabitha stated the kids love getting their pics made.
pre op room

Tabitha getting ready for surgery.
They performed over 50 surgeries this week.


Hanging the rags out to dry from surgery....Do you see this at your local hospital?

Tabitha being a guinea pig for someone to learn how to start an IV....
(Not me in a million years...I hate needles)




This is the nursing home. She said it was pitiful seeing these people with flies all over them.

Little girl who came to the clinic.


Tabitha in surgery

This is an abdominal mass that this woman had had for over seven years....she was like 7 months pregnant. Can you believe she lived like this for so long?


OR Room...most the equipment came from the states.




They had to Duct Tape the patients arms for surgery...so I guess Duct Tape works wonders anywhere.


I believe she stated this was a colon resection.



This was a cyst that was in a man's neck.




ER

Hospital

another pic where the kids loved having their picture taken


Tabitha and the Cook


Church Choir


Men

Ladies
Church where they worshiped
Kids in the village
Tabitha said it was the most rewarding experience she has ever been a part of. Just the chance to share the word of God and help those who really are in need. Made her realize how much she has to be thankful.
She did say one of the best things about being a nurse over their is no DOCUMENTATION....She loved that....NOT IN A MILLION YEARS IN THE STATES. She plans to go back next year. They had a medical team, VBS-vacation bible school team, and construction team. There were over 100 people who went from our area. Even some kids went so she said her oldest wants to go next year to be apart of the vacation bible school team.
Also went to my parents this past weekend for a quick trip....really just an overnight trip to get some things out of storage...it was like my very own yard sale but the amount I spent was zero....my parents are so awesome to me. Lots of silver trays and tea sets. Old bed spreads, dishes, and nick knacks. I still have to go back to get more so maybe in a few weeks I can get back up there.
Will share some pics this week of my goodies.
Also have to get caught up with lots of blog loving to my friends....I have not had a lot of time to spend but hope to this week.


7 comments:

April said...

Your daughter sounds like a remarkable young woman...beautiful through and through. You have every right to be proud!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a beautiful girl! Inside and out! What a wonderful thing she is doing. I could barely get through the pics, though. Call me squeemish! LOL!
I know you are so proud of her!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a blessing she was . Those pictures are something! Im on my way to the Dr. today...a great reminder how blessed I am. Thank you~

Michele said...

OMG Beth ~ your daughter is a saint! What horrible conditions for those poor people. This just reminds me how much I have to be thankful for.

Hugz,
Michele

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Beth
Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's experience in the Dominican Republic. She is such an amazing person doing that, you must be so proud. She has changed so many lives for the better with her skills and expertise. I will make sure my daughter sees this inspirational post.
Lindsay
x

mysteryhistorymom said...

This was so wonderful to see! Thank you for sharing the pictures and the experiences that your daughter had. She has made such an impression on the lives of those people. What a remarkable young lady you have raised!:) Lori

Jeni said...

This is amazing. She is so lucky to have been able to experience these things...not even to mention the people she helped. I can't believe those cyst..that one of HUGE!