Last Thursday afternoon I took off work and planned to head to my parents for a quick trip to the North Georgia Mountains for some family heirlooms to be passed on down to me. Being my dad had already cleared out his playhouse in the back yard I knew I better get on up there or all the treasures would be given away or in a yard sale.
Again some pics are little blurry...I really need to start shopping for a camera but I just have not had the time or the cash for what I really want. Maybe in a couple months I will actually start looking for what I want.
Anyway here is a few things I brought home.
more silver...see the ribbon and twine in the background...I still have not started on my ragamuffin garland that I shared material a month or so ago...just waiting for the right time to do this...I guess the summer months I just don't get into the creative mode like the fall months that I enjoy more....
during the Halloween season....
the middle cloth is a table cloth and two end ones are bedspreads....lots of other crochet blankets for the fall...few summer ones also...or do you have fall and summer blankets...you all might not but I do... I categorize mine by the colors and the weight of the blanket.....
I also picked up a potato/onion holder made out of wood...you know what I am talking about...
Well I also got a few knick knacks but never took any pictures...must do that later and share another day. Hope you enjoyed seeing my new goodies even though it wasn't a yard sale it felt like one to me.


9 comments:
Family pieces are the best! I especially love all the silver and those crocheted bedspreads and tale cloth! They go for big bucks these days if you wanted to buy one.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
how cool love stuff like that!
Wowza...I love it all! You are one lucky woman, no doubt! Heirloom treasures...can't beat 'em!
Dang, you made out like a bandit!! LOVE the bedspreads!!
Elise
You got some awesome treasures there..!!
Wonderful treasures and better yet memories to go with them.
Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com
WOW you got all kinds of wonderful family treasures! I know you are going to enjoy displaying them.
Love that little table! Paint it black! Paint it black!
Thanks for stopping by this GA girl's house!
That sure is lots of nice things...even better that ther belonged to family members...those are the best. Have fun decorating with ALL that.
Post a Comment