Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FUN TIME IN MY HOUSE

Fresh tomatoes anyone?....just imagine my kitchen has been full of tomatoes this week. I have been putting up loads of crushed tomatoes each night. Last night I finally had an accident and ended up cleaning juice off the floor, cabinets, counters and lord knows everywhere else in my kitchen....yep I dropped a container full of hot juice...slipped right out of my hands around 9:30 last night....don't ask how I felt....but I was calm and did not use any unforeseen words that could damage the ears of little ones.....My Lexi looked at me and said Mom you got tomato juice on my feet....Grrrrrr I wanted to say but just smiled and lifted her up and ran to the tub to rinse her off and came back to my wonderful mess!
Needless to say I was exhausted when I finished cleaning my kitchen up.....I still have about 2 5 gallon buckets left to finish tonight.
Then I will start on my Zipper Peas....the last of all my veggies for the year....Yippy!!!

Boiling down to put in containers....oh smells so yummy!

when you pick them you don't pick all ripe ones or you will be in a mess of hard work all at once....

the famous patch we visit each year for our tasty goodness for the winter...I use my juice for soup, sketti. and chili for the winter months.....then my tomato bushes at home are for my everyday use during the summer.



Check back tomorrow for my favorite summer time pie! Oh it is so delish...

Hop on over to Joanna's for What's For Dinner? Join in the fun and share some of your favorite recipes...you know we all need some new things to cook for our family.



8 comments:

Elise said...

Okay, maybe this can be me next year!! I think I might have had a choice word to say if I was to have dropped all that tomatoey mess. Oy!!
Elise

Unknown said...

Wow I am impressed I know how hard work canning can be...can't wait to here about the pie.


if you want to order a clothes pin doll just email with the colors or I can email you some pictures of what I have so far brinoah@yahoo.com I should have my etsy site up by next week.

Darlene said...

I think you did GREAT if no bad words came out of your mouth...lol

April said...

Homegrown tomatoes melt in my mouth...sprinkle a little salt on them and down the hatch they go! Actually, I'll eat them any way they come! Canning can be a job...but so worth it!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Sounds so yummy, well not the spilling part...

Michele said...

Oh Beth ~ it looks yummy! I love tomatoes and can't wait for mine! I give you so much credit for not having any bad words escaping from your mouth during the spill!!!

Big hugz,
Michele

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh No!!!! I can't believe you dropped them. Your kitchen must have looked such a mess. Did you get a picture? Sounds like you kept your cool anyway. Well done.
Lindsay
x

Jeni said...

That stinks that when you were doing so good at this that pan fell when I know you were already tired and wanted it to be done. The other night I was doing so good cleaning up, making cookies and then at 1030pm I was giving Madi her nighttime insulin and gave the wrong one! thank goodness I caught my mistake but then we were up until 2 am. She had to get up and eats LOTS of sugary stuff...I was so made at myself. I had to call the Dr. late and in the middle of the night. So there is my spill.

My mom and dad canned tomatoes when I was a kid and I remember making chili and lasagna all winter with those. YUMMY!