Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FARM HOPPING

My weekend consisted of hopping all over Middle Ga to area farms for tomatoes...but since the patch was opened last Monday morning they were pretty much out of riped ones...so my name is on the list when they get some more riped ones...I go to this farm every year but we thought why not go earlier ....nope not doing that again...but at least not that wasted of a time....

cucumbers
green bell peppers

eggplant flower


blackberries


Lexi with her one blackberry she picked...she said it was to hot for her....




We ended up getting three tubs of these big plump berries...I put jelly up with these...yummy!



yep to hot and humid!



more berry plants

look what Lexi found when she was picking one...was she ever surprised so was I...still had another egg in the nest that had not hatched yet....
We did manage to bring home blackberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, okra, peaches, plums, green tomato, and cucumbers. Have a few more things to put up this year and I will be finish till next June...You have to be ready to put up your veggies whether you or or not cause they will not hold on for you...so my family will enjoy the goodness of the summer throughout the wintertime...

Fun in Georgia....
We did end up getting 3 more bushels of corn...yep corn again so that consist of 13 bushels I put up last week...
After all the hard work last week I hope Ms. Lori will forgive me on being late with her swap package but she will get some added goodies. I was suppose to mail my package by the 15th but it will be the end of the week...I did come home to a nice surprise yesterday...Lexi and I both were excited when we opened the box...Lexi saw the box sitting on the porch and said Rachel sent me my hair bow...I told her nope to big of a box and that Rachel will mail it later in the week...So as you can tell Lexi loves swaps just as good as me! Can't wait to share what all I received over the last couple of weeks....

11 comments:

Christina said...

Lots of fun---except the GA heat. Love the plump blackberries. Def. a highlight of summer. Sweet birds nest Lexi found.

Love seeing all of the cucumber plants too. I adore cucumbers now, but couldn't stand them as a child.

Mmmmm.

Joanna said...

Oh those blackberries look so good. I haven't had any in years.

Darlene said...

It sounds like you got a bunch of great, fresh veggies and berries! I haven't been blackberry picking in a LONG time. I bet my Lexi would LOVE it. She wouldn't like the taste of blackberries though....she is soooo picky. That little nest is so cute and would have been the hi-lite of my Lexi's day!

Jill said...

OHHH! LOVE blackberries!!! :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I've never picked blackberries. Strawberries yes, blackberries, no.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Beth- I LOVE fresh blackberries! I'm sure that you are all in veggie heaven!:)

I hope you liked all your goodies, Sweetie! My girls always get excited when I get a swap package, too!:) Lori

Sabrina said...

Wow you sure are blessed with all the fresh fruits and veggies and you sure have a cute little helper.

The Style Sisters said...

HI Rambling gal! Thanks for stopping by my blog I am glad you found some of those paper lanterns to buy and then to paint. I just love them! The are just so fun and decorative for cheap!

I figured out what was wrong with my button so now you can copy and paste it.

Karin
P.S. I am salivating over the berry plants!! How fun to go there and pick what you want!

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed seeing the farms you went to and the yummy blackberries. Sounds like you had a great time. I always remember enjoying picking raspberries at my parent's house as a child.
Lindsay
x

Elise said...

Well, I am kinda jealous...I need to find some reasonable places around here to go to. I checked on a CSA and they wanted big $$.
Your blackberries look super yummy!!
Elise

The pleasures of homemaking said...

Oh that Georgia is heat is hard to deal with! I always feel so sorry for people that have to work outside this time of year. I have a friend who works for a tree cutting service and he says his head feels like exploding most days when it's hot like it's been!

Your blackberries look yummy. I picked some yesterday but I just got a bowl full so I think I'll make a cobbler today.

Manuela