Wednesday, May 6, 2009

UPDATE ALERT: SPICE IT UP.....

I have to many to... even mention but...I love them all!

Do you have this problem too?
I do love to try new things out.
What do you do with your spices?

I would love to know!
I guess I didn't really make myself clear on my post today....I am bad at writing sometimes and then not getting to the point of the subject...with the summer gardens just being planted I was wondering how or any favorite spices you use in your cooking and what dishes you might use them in. ie...I make kieabalsa sausage,sqaush, zukes, onions and new potatoes along with bell peppers in a dish and my spices to zest it up are garlic powder, Nature's Best, Season Salt, drizzle soy sauce, and Montrel Steak Seasoning....and bake on about 350 degrees for an hour...so this without the seasonings would probably be pretty bland...so any specisl spices you use in a dish to pick it up somewhat...would love to hear....
Sorry so vague earlier!

7 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

I have a ton of spices as well. Before the kitchen remodel I kept them on a metal over the door shelf behind the door to the kitchen/basement. That seemed to work out great because they were all spread out and I could easily find them because they were alphabetized. Not sure what I'm going to do once our kitchen is remodeled. Maybe someone else has some great storage tips!

Unknown said...

My favorite new spice is Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning it is great on burgers, chicken and veggies!

April said...

I defintitely have a spice addiction...yeah, I said it! :) I just sprinkle away according to how the mood hits me!

Elise said...

What do you do with them as in cooking or storing?? I love love love garlic powder so much and get those big humongous ones from Sam's. My smaller ones I store in the big drawer to the right of my stove and the big one goes in the top cabinet with oil and other random things.
Praise God for spices!!
Elise

Jill said...

Oh! I am a "spice girl"...One of my favorites is Cinnamon- I put it on apples, applesauce, bananas with mayo, tortillas with butter and sugar...yum!

Ruth Ann said...

I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking correctly today! lol
I thought you were looking for organizing ideas! lol
Anyway...I love using plain Seasoning Salt, and pepper on my fried potatoes! I sprinkle a lot of the seasoning salt over the potatoes and onions and it turns out really good!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

This is too funny! It is not me with a spice issue, but my husband!!! Trust me-he wins hands down...he has an entire shelf in the pantry for his spices...not kidding-you need it-he has it...