Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OOPS ABBE...WORK OF ART

Rough draft....this is my first attempt at stitchery. Jeni has inspired me for almost the last year with all her stitchery and I decided to try it out myself. Jeni sent me some patterns and material to start me off with since living in my small town no means to get the supplies...luckily I cross stitched many years ago and had tons of DMC floss so I was set up to start with my first creation. I wanted to do something simple so I thought what represents my home and first idea was our goats...my hubby did a little constructive criticism all in fun though....Abbe is one of our pet goats so here is a little flash of what I have gotten started with but have more to finish. I know the tail is sort of a little to short and hubby said Abbe does not have whiskers...oops but I told him she is aged here...lol....Jeni stated once I got started I would really enjoy it and you know I really do...So yesterday I got online and started printing out words for the fall to have ready. Sounds odd planning for the fall but with me working full time and teaching parenting classes my schedule is so full along with raising a four year old and all the other jobs of being a mother.
So anyway I have plans to create more stitching projects...
Another thing I was suppose to share was my bathroom makeover...don't even ask cause I am still waiting to get my fanny to Walmart and get some hooks for the curtain...and I realized I need another curtain rod since the one I have is white and I want a brown one. I will share as soon as I am finish. I promise!
Have a Great Day!

9 comments:

Amber M. said...

Isn't Jeni crazy talented?? And that is so not bad for your first try. I think it is so relaxing to stitch at the end of the day. Share more of your projects as you complete them...I'd love to see!

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a great job! you should be proud of yourself, Sweets!

Thanks for the Nancy Drew link! What a fun party! Wonder if my girls would like something like that? I know I would.:0) Lori

Joanna said...

You did a really good job! I would love to give it a go as well.

Ruth Ann said...

I think you did a great job! I have this marker that I trace my pattern with (it's easier than using pencil) and when you're done you just blot with a damp rag and the tracing marks disappear! I know that you are far from a craft store, but if you want to try it I can send it to you? Just let me know! But I do know what you mean with starting things for Fall this early....if I ever want anything done I have to start early too...it's crazy with kids!
Have a great day!

Jeni said...

That is so cute and perfect for you! You did a really good job. So do you think you are going to frame it, make it into a pillow? I LOVE stitching. It is so relaxing and I do it everywhere...the drs. office, soccer practice, gymnastics, McDonalds and I am with Amber I love to watch TV at night and stitch. You go girl getting ready for fall...you got the spirit.

April said...

Woo hoo...way to go on your stitchery! I wouldn't even know where to begin, so you're definitely one up on me! Keep up the great work, girl!

Elise said...

That is great!! I want to learn myself...
Elise

Jill said...

Oh I think she is sweet!! I would love to try a little stitching too...

Darlene said...

I think you did great for your first try! I would love to find some time and try that!