Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THIS GIRL NEEDS HELP


Afternoon....I need a little help with the decor of my home...I think some of you know I just moved in this past summer so I really have been just trying to get things added to my rooms...living in a small trailer for a few years sort of limits you with adding your decor and changing it out. A few weeks ago I bought me a pretty white bedspread to go on my bed in the master bedroom but now I looking for curtains to add to the room. I don't have a pic or I would share with you one...however, the color of my bedroom is the same color as the dining room...I really don't know what color to go with....any suggestions....
Went to my favorite shop in town...specialty shop, well it is the only one in my small town and went crazy with all sorts of clearance sales....oh I racked up...will take pics tonight and share with you all this week my great deals.
Have a good evening!

8 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I love that chocolate color, I think cream and red goes nicely, I also like robins egg blue with chocolate brown, but my favorite is spring green, apple green, lime green, avacado green shades with brown!!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Ok so it's a WINE color... in that case I still think those shades of GREEN above would look fresh and fun with wine... If you are going for more elegant than I would say cream and champagne color.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I was going to reply by sending you an email, but it isn't on your blog... Could you email me with your email??

Jeni said...

I like that color!!! Looks beautiful. Good luck with the curtains...I need some myself so I am not good with the curtain idea. Have fun decorating though!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could help. ;) First of all, I'm slightly color blind so I can't really tell what color your walls are....but your dining room is looking good! I've always wanted a white bedspread, but ever since having little muddy hands in the house white doesn't go well on ANYTHING....not even the walls! HA!

Joy said...

Every well designed room needs 3 elements: color, pattern and texture. Your walls are saturated with color so you might consider curtains with pattern &/or texture. Would you like a bold checked pattern, or maybe a more feminine, traditional damask. Another question you'll want to ask is, do you want your window treatments to be in the same color range as your walls for a tone-on-tone look or do you want to bring in an accent color with the curtains? A light yellow/straw color would look beautiful and contrast well with the wall color. Then pile pillows on your white bedspread that have those same two colors.
I hope that helps.

Nichole said...

I can't wait to see the goodies you picked up!

Elise said...

I am with Jen, go green!! I also think a khaki and cream would look good.
Elise