Monday, April 27, 2009

TASTY BAKED BEANS

The porker grill...hubby built this from scratch.


With the holidays reaching us there is one side I make for every cookout, my famous baked beans. Nothing special about them to me except they are pretty yummy. I can't figure why everyone says these are the best they have eaten but hey I love the compliments.
I really don't use measurements for this dish.
Large can of Campbell's or Van Camps Pork N Beans...I only use this brand.
1 Vidalia Onion...the one and only
1 Bell Pepper
Ketchup
Mustard
Light Brown Sugar
Uncooked Bacon Slices (4 or 5 slices)
Yep that's all...mix all together...I usually cut my onion and bell pepper in quarters since some people don't like them in their food, that way they can still be eaten if someone loves them.
About 1/3 ketchup and mustard
Half a bag of sugar
Mix all together and add slices of bacon. Cook for 1 hour at 400 degree.





7 comments:

Darlene said...

YUM!!! I do love baked beans and food cooked on the grill! Nothing better!!!

Rachel Berry said...

YUM-O!!! I love baked beans in the summer with all our BBQ'S! Thanks for the recipe....

Michele said...

I love baked beans too...yummy! I need some nice weather here so I can BBQ more!

Hugz,
Michele

April said...

Nothin' screams summer to me more than BBQ, corn on the cob, and baked beans...DELISH!

Farmchick said...

Sounds simple yet yummy! I add bacon to mine.

Christina said...

Your baked beans look delicious and the recipe doesn't seem too hard--I may have to try this. I usually buy a can--isn't that incredibly sad!

That is very neat that your hubby built his grill from scratch. All this talk of grills and beans are making me hungry.

Elise said...

Sounds delicious!!
Elise