Thursday, April 2, 2009

FINGER LICKIN GOOD AND IT'S NOT CHICKEN

FUN FUN FUN






YUMMY YUMMY ALSO




What do you do after church and can't go outside and play because it is pouring down rain? You pull out a box of brownie mix and bake brownies. Thus, listen to the kids fight over the bowl on who gets to lick all the leftovers. Yeah that is what I had to listen to while Lexi is having a fit that her daddy came up to the counter and wanted some leftover batter also. Jeez next time I better make two batches so each will have a bowl. Now don't you see that smirk on hubby's face where he is having fun making Lexi mad. He just loves to aggravate her sometimes, but she gets a kick out of it too. I guess you can tell who won....


Have a new edition to the family so will share that later on in another post. Guess I have not had much to talk about this week...you know some days I just don't know what will interest anyone. I hope you get a kick out of these two as much as I did. Just imagine a four year old hollering for her bowl in a monotone of whining while daddy is laughing the whole time. See kids will be kids no matter what age. All in good fun!
Have a wonderful day! In Georgia we have some bad weather predicted for the most part.



21 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sweetie- Sea glass is glass that has fallen in the ocean and become smooth through it's travels. It's quite a little treasure to find bits and pieces on the beach.:) Almost like gems. My Mom found some for me on the Isle of Capri in Italy. I have yet to find any, though. Still looking... Lori

April said...

Chris and Abby fight over licking the bowl every time I make brownies, cakes, or cookies. It's a never-ending battle between those two...so, I UNDERSTAND! Cute pictures!

Darlene said...

Oh, I understand those pictures perfectly!!!!! hehehe

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What cute pictures! My kids fight over licking the bowl too. There's something about brownie/cake batter that's heavenly straight from the bowl!

XOXO
Jen

Elise said...

I think all men like to aggravate their children. They are like big kids themselves!! So funny!!
Elise

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I cannot make brownies here-I would eat them all and lick the bowl myself...I am so serious! I adore brownies!!!

Tam said...

Rain Rain Rain....but I guess we need it though. Hope your week has been going well. We are a bit water logged inside and out...We have a persistant leak in the house. UGGG

Unknown said...

Cute pictures my kids fight over the bowl. The weather here is so depressing I am ready for some sun!

Jeni said...

It has been raining for DAYS! We need some but good grief.

Ha...love the picture of Lexie licking his finger. I don't blame them for fighting over yummy brownie mix.

Jeni said...

Hey,

When you stitch...use muslin or any plain fabric but be sure to put a piece of warm and natural underneath...it hides the thread and gives it the quilted look. On my blog under Oct. 2008 I showed how to do it if you want to look too.

Have fun!

Farmchick said...

lol--the same thing goes on here at our home! Have a great day!

Shannon said...

Yum, yum!! I made brownines Wednesday night and had the bowl all to myself. :) I try to make them when I am the only one home. :)

Melissa said...

My favorite part about making brownies?? Licking the bowl!

Jeni said...

It's a cotton batting...like what you may put in the middle of a quilt. Yes walmart or joann's or hobby lobby will have it. Good luck.

Kasey said...

My husband does things to aggrevate my little ones too! it must be a man thing!

That picture of the dogs is super funny! and I might have to go buy some of those dips! they look yummy!

the said...

Glad to see our house isnt the only one who has arguements over the bowl :)
Cute!!

Christine said...

LOL Oh thank you very much...now I am hungry for brownies!!! This was so cute! Hope all is going well...have been busy here and been slacking on making my rounds! That dog picture below cracked me up! Have a wonderful week and Happy Easter wishes to you! =O)

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

So funny! Yes, we too fight over who licks the bowl. And I consider the hubby my 5th child!

Michele said...

Tooo cute Beth! I remember those days...but Cassie still loves to lick the bowl and the spoon!

Have a great week!

Hugz,
Michele

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

We've all been there...the big fight over who gets to lick the bowl and beaters. It brings out the good, bad and the ugly in every family. Hee-hee!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I too love all things brownie, and I would fight over the batter bowl also... hahahaha