
Oh yeah baby!!! The best bath product i invested in and actually saw some results. You wondering what in the heck am I talking about using goat soap to bathe with instead of Dial, Dove, Ivory or any other brand soap....I thought the same a couple of years ago, but goat milk is a great product to use when you have skin issues such as eczema, dermatitis or dry skin. They come in unscented or scented types. It makes your skin feel so soft. I only got this because Lexi has real bad eczema and sometimes her skin can burn so bad and the rash can make her itch. I tried all sorts of soaps and creams but after someone told me to try goat milk soap I did. Funny thing about this is we had goats and I had no idea that goats have milk...lol...I thought only cows...see I live in no where land so I don't hear all the facts about different animals and what they produce. Anyway came home told my husband and he said we didn't have the milking kind, oh and I also learned about fainting goats to...no we don't have those either...I tell everyone my goats are normal....hehehe.
Well I did some research and read that goat milk is great for issues such as goat milk and to my surprise I was driving down the street to a friends house and saw "GOAT MILK For Sale". I said what the heck went to this ladies house and make a long story short I bought several bars and fell in love with the stuff. I see you can buy it online just about anywhere. She even let me taste Goat Milk which I am one who never tries anything. I am not a milk drinker but this stuff taste so yummy that I go and get some from her sometimes. She also gave me some things such as fizzies she makes with goat milk and other products and I was just amazed how it makes your body feel. Better than lotion in my opinion. So if you have access which if you have Internet you do order a bar and try it out. I think you will like it. I have even thought about making some myself cause hubby said some of our goats can be milked but he would rather not get involve in that. So I just go down the road and pick up my products ever so often. Come to think of it I used my last fizzie last night so need to take a trip this weekend and get some more goodies.
Have a great weekend and I will be back Monday.
I have even thought about selling this on Etsy...I am just thinking though.


16 comments:
Thanks for sharing...I've never tried goat soap....goat cheese though is really good! Another thing for you to investigate since Lexi has skin issues is Emu Oil. I did research and went to a local Emu farm and bought some oil...it works amazingly! It's even cleared up most diaper rashes overnight! It's amazing!
I think you should open an Etsy shop...it's fun!
Have a great day!
-Ruth Ann
Thank you for the heads up on Goat's milk. I so need to try that with my winter dry skin.
Have a great weekend.
Tammy
Ohhhh! thanks for sharing! my little man and woman both have eczema, and I have psyriasis (no idea how to spell it) and we might just have to give it a try! Thanks!
Hmmm...I may have to give it a try. I use lotion like its going out of style. My hands look and feel horrible right now. I guess I must be cleaning too much!! :)
Happy Friday!!
Elise
Goat Milk Soap...now, that's a new one to me! I have very dry skin in the winter...I'm a walking, talking flake! :) I just might have to give this a try!
SO GREAT TO HAVE SOMETHING TO HELP YOUR LITTLE SWEETIE. HEY, YOU SHOULD REALLY, REALLY, GET THE BOOK, The Goat Lady. I READ IT TO MY PEEPS WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE. TRUE STORY OF A OLD DEAR WOMAN WHO SOLD GOAT MILK TO HELP THOSE IN HER COMMUNITY. GREAT, GREAT, BOOK. THE PICTURES ARE FABULOUS. IT WILL BE ONE OF YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITES. I'LL LOOK FOR IT ON EBAY.
HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
This is so interesting to me! My daughter is allergic to milk~
I'm going to order some goat soap myself-It sounds wonderful!
Thanks for the great info!
Robin~♥
We all have dry skin around our house this time of year so I might just have to try some!
Loved all your valentine treats.
Never tried goat soap before, but I bet it is wonderful! I have tried Olive Oil soap and love it!
We drink Goat Milk...we should try Goat Mil Soap. OOO our Trip to Dublin was not planned. MY Hubs says that someone told him there was a Longhorn the Next Exit up from Metter since Metter does not have a lot of choices...I said sure. AN HOUR LATER....we found the LONGHORN...LOL So yes now I know where Dublin is I will so have to meet you! Since he works in Metter I am always UP that way.
I have never used goats milk products before. But if they work for you, that's great! I love how the bars of soap look so old-fashioned.
Have a great weekend!
Oh my goodness! Are you reading my mind, woman? I am in desperate need of this magic soap. 2 of my 4 children have eczema and severely dry skin and nothing seems to help. If you know of a good link where I could buy some... please share! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!
Thanks for this valuable information. I'll be sure to share it with the moms I know whose kids struggle with ecsema.
LOVED the pix of all the baby goats and your Lexi holding one of them.
AND...loved the post about the Valentine Swap. Such inspiration.
Wow - how cool! You are so brave to buy it and figure out how to make soap! You should totally sell it on etsy.
So interesting about the skin benefits of goat milk. Thanks so much!
Jen
I have never tried anything like that. THose bars look so pretty!!!♥
Hey check out my post it just for you! Hehe Oh yea I told my house about the goat soap he has the worse dry skin!
Post a Comment