Thursday, January 8, 2009

PLEASE HELP....I NEED ADVICE!!

Afternoon....need some major help...should have a taken a pic of this bathroom but just have not since we moved in. Lexi has the froggy bathroom...some reason this is what she wanted. I got all my frog stuff from Walmart so you may have seen the decor while shopping there. Anyway I have been trying to figure out what to add to this decor and this is stumping me cause I don't what frogs in pics also, well I don't think I should have lots of frogs hoping around...I wish I had gone with a solid shower curtain and then add the frog stuff to match the bathroom...so I thought so many with great ideas out in blog land that give me some major advice....

So should I get another shower curtain or keep it and add extras to the room?

Please help...the pictures below are the colors and design of the frogs. The room paint is ecru...so what can I do to this bathroom to add zest to it?

The first pic is when we moved in the first week...so at least now I have something to put the tp on...I did put a stand up tp holder from Kirkland's right in the front of the toilet. So disregard the tp just sitting on the counter...hehehe

The next two pics are images I found on the Internet since I have not taken any with the curtain up...it is laying on the counter though in the bathroom in the first pic. Which really does not matter but I like to say where pics come now when I have them on my blog.








19 comments:

April said...

Oh, my goodness...you are asking the wrong lady for this one! Let me just say that I LOVE your froggy shower curtain and all the accessories! Very cute! So, if it were me, I'd keep the curtain! Maybe once you get everything put up, it will all come together better than you think!

Valarie Lea said...

Maybe keep the shower curtain since you already have it. Pull like maybe two colors from the shower curtain and then get your rugs and hand towels to match to keep the color going.

You could also try to find knobs for the cabinets with frogs on them.

If you didn't want to paint it a different color, but wanted to add a little depth to the wall, you could either paint a stripe, or just sponge on the wall, a glaze with a little of the original paint color in it. The color will be the same, but it wont be so flat.

Valarie Lea said...

Oh and one other thing, I have tried commenting the last couple of days but for some reason it wouldn't let me. Obviously its letting be now, so maybe its only not working at my house.

Amber said...

I would get a blue shower curtain that matches the blue in the frogs! I would aim for a darker blue, rather than a lighter one.

Tam said...

I have no good advice because under pressure from my little ones I had to put up a Spiderman Shower Curtain...GASP! Not my Idea at all but I got vetoed my them and that is the way of my life for a little while..until they get married and move out..LOL

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Cute frog accessories. I would pull the darker blue and yellow in the shower curtain out for your towels, you can use either one color or mix and match. You can also add some other accessories (blue glass bottles for liquid soaps lotions etc.) and maybe use the blue or even the yellow for some picture frames with prints in those same colors as your shower curtain. Have fun with it and share with us the pictures of the completed space.
Have a great day,
Tam

Robin Beck said...

I would go with a solid shower curtain-Either a dark blue, or Green. Match the towels to the shower curtain but then buy yellow hand towels to go over the solid towels for contrast. Add solid carpet and you are good to go. I like the froggy shower curtain and wonder if there is any way to cut it and hem it for a "top" ruffle over your solid shower curtain.
Even if you don't do anything it's as cute as can be just the way it is girl!
Robin~♥

Lorie said...

I think it depends on what you really want. Personally I would have gone for the accessories and got a solid shower curtain, but I am not a lover of patterns. That is just me. But the idea to go with the solids that are in the pattern and keep the shower curtain makes SO MUCH more sense because who wants to throw away money (unless you can sell the shower curtain).

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi. I just stumbled across your site. I hope you don't mind if I comment?

I say keep the shower curtain since you already have it, but you don't want to over-do the frog theme. So I would pull in the greens or yellows from the shower curtain with really nice, think towels and maybe a nice rug. I wouldn't go with frog door pulls or anything like that, and maybe bring in more colors to the room with a nice, big picture or a series of three pictures in a row. Again, not frogs.

I have seen a cute idea with pictures of taking scrapbook paper or wrapping paper and framing it. It brings in color but doesn't take away from the focal point which is the frogs.

Just my opinion. I love your blog! Thanks for letting me stop by!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Well this is just me....but~
1. I would get a solid color curtain so you wont have frog overkill
2. Have you given thought to maybe painting a soft yellow or green.That would so tie it all together.
3. Some hand towels opposite of the wall color for some contrast would just pop.
4. Maybe a candle or a small lamp? If you think it would not be a safety issue with little Miss Lexi.
I find sometimes when we go with a theme we seem to overdo it a bit. Im am so one to talk, hehe. My hall bath is sassy green full of fluer de lis. So good luck with those cute frogs. Hope you show us what you decide. I know it will be adorable and Miss Lexi will be so proud!

Anonymous said...

I would keep the frog shower curtain and add a plain color one for the inside curtain....keeping the print frog curtin open to one side and on the outside of the shower.....if you keep it closed, it won't be too much with the print and your daughter will feel like she has what she wanted...

Pull the colors from the print curtain for the rugs, knobs and other decor. Keeping with two prominent colors from the print curtain...

The colors in the print curtain are very workable and nice shades...Good luck!

Shannon said...

Cute! I would keep it since you already have it and then buy some solid green towels to pull out the color. I bet it is cute!

Alices Wonderland said...

I'm a random nobody who stumbled onto your site...however, I say give your daughter what she wants and let her enjoy the frogs--they grow up so fast and you can have a grown up "decorated" house later in life...For pictures I would do a series of 3-4 photos of her and (siblings or friends??) playing leap frog..Possibly plan it out where they are dressed in your genereal colors and mat accordingly--this might need to wait till spring when the grass is nice and lush green....or convert to black and white and mat the frames accordingly with the blue or green. Have a happy day!!

Darlene said...

I think what you have is cute for Lexi. Use one of the colors in the curtain for your towels and if you wanted a couple of pictures I think pictures of fern leaves or lily pad leaves framed would be pretty in some cream frames.

Anonymous said...

Love that froggy shower curtain and the accessories! If it's a kids bath I would just do what she wants. If it's also a guest bath I would skip the shower curtain. If it was my bahroom I'd paint the walls and the cabinet (but then I like to paint) and frame out the mirror.

Manuela

Free Art Printables said...

I think if you pull some of the colors from the curtain into bright colors, it will really pep up the room!

Liz Harrell said...

It would be so adorable if you got a plain blue or green shower curtain and used the froggy one as a boarder at the bottom. Just a big strip to get the frog pattern in there... does that make sense?

Either way, I love the little frog accessories. Very cute.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

If it were me I would keep the shower curtain and order vinyl lettering/words like hippity hop the frog stop... or something catchy in the blue or green to add to the walls, and then I would use rugs and towels to tie it all together....

Jeni said...

I can't wait to see what you do in the bathroom....Good luck!