Friday, January 9, 2009

MONDAY ALREADY.....DO YOU SUBSCRIBE?

It's Monday....oh and I had a busy weekend! More later on that.













Wow....I just love getting my magazines....these are the top ones that I read all the time...At one time I had all these coming to the house and then I thought am I crazy....the amount I am spending on just magazines a year along with all the books I was buying through Books R Fun. I did a post on that when I first started blogging about how I love the book club...this is where I get a lot of my cookbooks plus buy an extra one to have on hand for gifts throughout the year...Well last year I decided to change my situation of magazines and subscribe to just one a year....I know it was hard but I did do it. I took out Living last year and this year my choice is BHG. I have taken this out before also and I like it also. The pics are the ones I have subscribed to before but I have picked up Country Living, Taste of Home, Southern Lady, People, Home and few others from the grocery store.
Working in a law office I shop for the office so when I thought why subscribe when I can look at the office mags for free...so this was another reason why I stopped subscribing so many. Also stopped the local paper since we get one in the office...so guess you could say this is part of my benefit package. hehehe
So am I missing any other neat magazines that you subscribe to? Please tell me what you read and where you get all your wonderful ideas from?

Thanks so much for all the great ideas for Lexi's bathroom...when I finish getting it the way I want it I will share pics.

16 comments:

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi ,

Thanks for visiting my blog recently and joining in for my giveaway.
I LOVE your blog background. The pink sparklies are Terrific!!!!
One of my favorite magazines comes out quarterly and it is called "Crafts N Things." It always has the greatest project ideas!
Be back to visit soon!
Tammy

Sit A Spell said...

My fav is Cottage Living and I got a post card this week that says it will not be published anymore...I was crushed! sigh...I also like southern living and country home.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great magazines. I get Rachel Ray and I used to get BHG but stopped about a year ago. I read the post above that said that there will soon be no more COttage Living and that makes me sad. I always read it when I take my kids to the orthodontist and I was going to get a subscription...

I also love watching Paula Deen on Food Network. Do you enjoy her magazine?

Love your blog!

Jen

Marie said...

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Hobby Lobby!! It's been awhile since I was there... I may have to revisit soon!

I subscribe to House Beautiful and Domino. I don't like Domino very much...TOO PRICEY! lol

April said...

I told you that you were going to LOVE Hobby Lobby!!! Can't wait to hear more about what you found!

Southern Living is my favorite magazine of all-time!

Christina said...

Love magazines here too. My dear sis-in-law gave me two subscriptions for Christmas and also get BH&G and Southern Living. Though I have gotten SL for over 15 years, it may be the one to go, if I get rid of one. You made a good choice w/BH&G.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

We are suppose to get a Hobby Lobby on our side of town sometime this year. Yay! I love going there too. Have fun!

Joanna said...

I love Hobby Lobby! I was there myself today. *smiles* I left you an award on my blog..Enjoy!

Christine said...

Hey sweet Beth...hope you ahd a wonderful Christmas! I got rid of all my magazines..I ma such a sucker for them! They add up really fast and I tend to just enjoy reading them in the grocery line...lol don't tell on me now! Hugsssss!

Farmchick said...

I get wayyyyyyyyyyy to many magazines but I can't help it...it's an addiction. My favs... all the taste of home, farm and ranch living, country women, country home....and several more! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Do I love magazines? You bet I do! In fact, I was such a magazine junkie that I saved every single one I ever got! About 3 years ago, I finally got rid of my stash that was taking over my home. I stopped counting at 2000! Yes, you read that right! I had saved more than 2000 magazines and had them stored in every place I could. I stopped subscribing to any of them until last year. Now I only get Country Sampler and Country Home. I only got CH because I got a 3 year subscription for the price of one. When that's over, it's over. I don't plan to subscribe to anymore. CS is the only one I will keep getting & saving. I give the others away now.

Now books? That's a different ball of wax! :D

Have a great week!

Darlene said...

I get way to many magazines so I am no help at all. I LOVE Country Home, Cottage Living (boo hoo not being published anymore), Coastal Living, BH&G, Womens Day, Redbook and Ladies Home Journal to name a few.

Heather said...

Oh I LOVE magazines. It's a sickness really. I love all the one's you put up there, and I also like Real Simple.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love meeting new bloggy friends.

Anonymous said...

Love em all!!!!

Tiffany said...

I absolutely love BHG. I keep them and look at them over and over again...just in case I missed something the first 12 times. :)

the said...

I love magazines but find reading blogs is so much cheaper and realistic!! I do like every one of those you just showed but I really like Rachel :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! It's me Tina, your Valentine swap partner. I have subsribed to all except Southern Living at one time or another. Currently, I am only getting Martha Stewart and Paula Deene! I really love Paula Deene, she seems like such a nice person!