Monday, January 26, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW ME



Somehow I came upon this blog about a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. Well Kasey over at "All Things That Are Good" is hosting Friend Makin on Mondays so I had to join in on this. One of the things I like most about blogging is getting to meet other ladies and build some type of friendship.
This week she ask you to list 10 random things about yourself that people might not know or you just want to share so here goes.


1. I have three children that are the ages of 29,16,4.


2. I was pregnant with my youngest child at the same time my oldest child was pregnant with her 2nd child. She had her baby 4 months before I did. So that makes my youngest the aunt to her children. My youngest child was due on my Mom's birthday December 12 but I had her 5 weeks premature and she came on my oldest daughters due date. Does that make sense to you?


3. I am allergic to pencils...I can write with mechanical pencils but not the old fashion ones.


4. I am a PK which is a preachers kid.


5. My favorite color is purple.


6. I am adopted.


7. I graduated from college at the ripe age of 44 along with having my youngest child during those years of college.


8. I am a true blue G.R.I.T.S Girl and no I don't eat instant grits only the slow cooked grits.


9. My favorite time of the year is Fall!


10. I saved a mans' life, however he died 3 weeks later.


That was harder than I thought it would be.

15 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Interesting list! I still can't believe that your kids are spaced soo far apart! You must really have a lot of patience! And I've never met anyone allergic to pencils before!
Have a great night!
-Ruth Ann

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

That is quite an age gap. My brother and I are 18 years apart with no one in between. My oldest and youngest are only 12 years apart but even that seems like an eternity sometimes.
Nice to meet you from Kasey's!

Anonymous said...

What fun and interesting little tidbits about you!

Maybe I'll have to post some random things about myself....

Happy Day!
~Jes

heidi said...

Nice to meet you! Your blog is CUTE!

As long as no one is their own grandpa, I think we're doing good. ;-)

Tam said...

That was a GREAT to GET to KNOW ME LIST!!!!!

April said...

Now, how fun was that??? I really enjoyed reading these facts about you! How wonderful that you graduated from college at the age of 44...definitely something to be very proud of! Enjoy your Tuesday!

Elise said...

Wow!! Your list is fun!! Um, yes to your question and I think it would be fun one day to gather us all together and meet!!
Allergic to pencils?!?! Did you have problems in school??
Happy Tuesday!!
Elise

Joanna said...

What great items for your list. I am only 2 years older than one of my nieces and 4 years older than my only nephew. We grew up more as cousins. Fun times!

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you joined in the fun! You saved a man's life? Wow! and your kid's are spread out in age aren't they! Have a great day!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Wow! kids and grandkids at the same time....that's a big age difference! You've had 2 familys, for sure!
It was fun learning a little more about you! Blessings,Nancy

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful list! I hope your hubby isn't stuck out of town for too long.

XOXOXO
Jen

Michele said...

Hi Beth ~ I like these things...I get to learn so much more about you! How did you save that guys life...and why did he die 3 weeks later?

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Regular pencils make me gag, I love the color purple too. And I adopted!! Nice to meet you. Kimberly C.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Just thought I would share. My 20 yr old daughter is adopted and my 10 yr old son was in vitro. And I would go back and do it all over again! I was 36 when I had my son.

Rhonda said...

I have 3 kiddos: 18, 7, and 5. All boys. I love Fall too...it's the best!

It's nice to meet you. Have a great weekend! Rhonda