Friday, January 16, 2009

ETSY....YOU ASK WHAT IS ETSY?


Morning....It's dang ole COLD in Middle Georgia...and it is not suppose to be like that. I am trying to stay warm which I seem to be doing right now with my little heater up on my typewriter helping me out. I also have the heater on in the office up high...but anyway tonight is a different story...single digits they say! OK, I have been wanting some cold air to swoop down my way but nothing like this. I think I will quit wishing for this to happen anymore...just stick to what I have....but then again this summer be sure and remind me that I had the cold air and I complain...so with that....keep pushing this cold air down my way...the hot humid air will be here soon enough and I am not so loving this idea at all.

Ok enough of that....Well being here in blog land (blogger) for a very short time I have found the neatest place to visit...I have been hearing about the Etsy store from many of my friends blogs...well never really thought much of it...well I should have...someone kick me in the butt for not coming sooner like before Christmas....You know Kimba and
Nester were promoting this. I would go but then just look and never set up a way to buy anything...just was ummm do I really want to purchase from this place....well people get on board and start buying...I have spent the last two days at this shop, StampinMoms Shop. Jamie is on my friends list like many others...I was going to her blog for a while now looking at all her crafts she makes...I am so wanting to get more into this crafting and creating. I never thought I was much of a crafter but then I realized you don't have to be so great at it to enjoy it. Many of the great crafters on here have inspired and pushed me to at least try to create. I always thought you just watch what others make and wish you were that talented...then something clicked unless I try something I never will be. So after pushing my kids to always believe in yourself and you can do anything if you set your mind to it, I think I need to practice what I preach. So as I was saying I have been picking up supplies for the last couple of years and then this week from a mom who has her own etsy site. She has all kinds of scrapbook supplies and paper for those who want to create some neat things. She even has some neat jewelry she made...and guess how I got there...she is having a giveaway and I loved all the goodies she had so I thought heck I am not going to win so go buy what I want....and I did! So just in case I do win I plan on giving it to someone else since I could not wait and had to purchase her goodies. So check her place out and many others who have them. Gosh there is an abundance of bloggers who have set up an etsy store. Oh yeah all these I keep leaving notes you ought to open you an etsy store up...you need to ...this crazy woman wants to buy your stuff to. I would much rather buy from a shop from my blogger friends. So those who don't know what esty is...girlfriends just click on and start looking around....I kept prolonging and I could have snatched up some great things a lot earlier if I had pressed the magic button.

Here are some other great bloggers who have etsy shops that I have visited and love also! I am going to make sure I shop with them this year. That is my New Year Resolution to shop in etsy stores a lot this year....

Kelly- paper products...cards...just an abundance of crafts.

Lori- the cutest bracelets...made out of buttons. How creative!

Kristin- She opened hers up after asking fellow bloggers would they be interested in a Doll house...with little people...Oh this is so adorable.

Michele - if you love vintage things...she has some cool looking vintage stuff she picks up and also some of her crafts. I have one of those churches...those are so cute.

Susie- tassel lady is her name to me...but she has been adding signs that are so cool and I am going to get later.

Rachel- she made the cutest pumpkins back in the fall that I fell in love with.

Heidi- sewing crafts such as quilts, runners, and other items. She has two stores. Also has a baby store with bibs and other items.

Nancy- tassels and more...

V- sewing crafts such as aprons, bags, hair bows, scraps of material.


Joanna- Blog Design

Any way these are just a few of the ones I have visited since finding out what etsy is all about. Enjoy and have fun cause you can get addicted to this place also.

I know there is a lot more of my friends who have etsy stores but I just didn't have time to name all of them...it would take me all day to do this. However, just check out my friends on my sidebar and visit their blogs...they have their etsy site on their for you all to visit.

Spread the word about etsy!

20 comments:

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michele said...

Hi Beth ~ thanks for mentioning me..I love etsy too! And I need to get my butt in gear and take some pictures of the things I've gotten way back in November and get them listed. Then I need to get some energy to make some more houses...all but one have sold! Guess I won't complain!

Hugz,
Michele

Mrs. L said...

It is such a great place. I love that it's all homeade, and I will tell you that I have ordered a number of things now and the quality is spectacular!

Joanna said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me. I really appreciate it. *smiles* Have a great weekend!

BECKY said...

How sweet of you to promote their businesses! There truly are some incredibly talented people in blogland!!

Just want you to know I appreciate how you word things. It feels like we're just chatting! ;o)
Have a great day!
Becky :)

Tam said...

I love ETSY! I have most def made purchases off of ETSY in fact just last week! Fifi Designs has an Etsy shop that I love and my Friend Tam has an etsy...YOU visited her blog I think. OOO yes I do love ETSY!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey I love Etsy too! The plate came from Ace Hardware I know that is weird but our Ace Hardware is not like a real hardware store its more home decor. Try to stay warm I hate this weather us Ga girls are not prepare for this kind of weather are we now.lol

April said...

I shopped on Etsy before Christmas and I LOVE it! I'd go back more often if I just had the time to browse around. Such neat stuff! It's so cold here in GA...I know! Ready for springtime to make it's appearance, but I have a feeling, we have a long way to go yet!

Enjoy your weekend!

basketsnprims said...

I've made lots of purchases from Etsy and now am thinking of opening an etsy shop. Your words of encouragement may just have pushed me into it. Thanks. Have a great weekend.

pam

Anonymous said...

Thank you... you are so kind to add me to your list. before you know it you will have one too with all of the prettys you are going to make. I will be one of the first to check it out. Take care and have a great weekend.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me, Sweetie! You have made my day!! Does this mean that you are thinking of opening a shop?? Exciting!

I love the look of your blog- so glittery! And I am thinking of joining Heidi's swap, too! They are always so fun.:) Maybe we'll be partners!

Lori

Elise said...

Hey Beth,
Yes, I definitely need to get my hiney in gear!! Especially for your stuff...
Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Elise

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so busy and have not had an opportunity to update. But I promise I will try.

Unknown said...

I've not shopped on Etsy, but I think I'll try it out!

Diane

the said...

I used to think Ebay was the way to go, but now Etsy is so addicting!! Thanks for showing all those names, I will have to check those out too!!

Shannon said...

I just love etsy and have bought several things off of it. I'll have to check out some of these links. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

love etsy, you can get lost in there for hours. i love the fact too that you are helping people out when buying from there. in this time of financial crisis, we all need to help one another! :)
great post!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi,

Love Etsy. The creations are so amazing!
Middle Georgia?? Where are you? I live in Gray, GA.

Tammy

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

YAY Etsy!!

I've had my shop open there for a few years and have been an etsyaholic ever since! Love it.

Jeni said...

Thanks for sharing so many links...I am sure they appreciate it too.