Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ETSY SHOPPING.....

Since Friday I have been promoting Etsy shops...so I thought if I am going to share my thoughts on this and encourage others to shop there I should share what I have bought.

I love this plate..this was my first purchase.....my mother in law has a set of these dishes and they are just so much better than dishes today in my opinion. So I decided I would hunt online for some of these. They were made in the sixties. They do not have any writing on them so I had to just type in "rooster plates" and went to searching. After that I was able to find out what era and who made these plates. I am still hunting more of this pattern so if anyone is out thrifting and happens to run across this please let me know. I would love to see if you would pick it up for me and then I will send you the money for these. I have already gotten two dinner plates and 3 butter plates. I am slowly just checking places out and looking at prices. I am weary of some sites who sell but that is just me being careful. You hear so many people get scammed online and I don't won't to be one of them.




Next item I bought was my first tassel...I bought this right before Christmas and just thought it was the cutest and would look great in my kitchen. I did look around for some rooster ones but none of my friends had any at the time...Now I see so many have all different kinds. I have plans to buy some more but I really have been trying to get over Christmas and also waiting to see how the economy is going to get.

Now I have some other items that should be on it's way to me so I will post those this week when I receive them....
Now all you need to do is go shop at your etsy store for some great items that will surely put a smile on your face.
I have finally uploaded my Hobby Lobby pics and will share those later in the week...I actually have quite a few things to share this week...guess I have actually been doing something worthwhile to blog about...hehehe
Have a great day!


10 comments:

BECKY said...

Love your tassel and plate!! I have a few roosters in my kitchen, too! I am one of those people who got a little burrned on Ebay. Only a $12 purchase, but never got it, and the exact item was up the next day for bid!! The guy told me someone at the post office probably pocketed it! Sure they did! I'm a little leary, but have some bloggy buddies I wouldn't be concerned about purchasing from!

Looking forward to what you found at Hob Lob!!
Blessings,
Becky :)

April said...

I really LOVE your plate and tassel! I need to hop back over to ETSY and see what I can find. I did a little shopping for Christmas there, but haven't been back since.

Shannon said...

Great finds! Isn't Etsy great?! Those plates are so cute!

Darlene said...

I LOVE Etsy. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from it. I still have two necklaces coming in the mail. Everything I have purchased has been just FABULOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Great Etsy finds!!! Love the tassel and rooster...so cute.

Looking forward to your Hoby Lobby photos!


Marlene

Unknown said...

Love all of your stuff can't wait to see your Hobby Lobby finds!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
I too, love going over to Etsy. I've puchased about four things over there now. I did get your message about looking into it myself, but as I told Darlene...this unfortunately is not the right time or season in my life. If I put one more pot on the fire, they would all blow up! Hee-hee. But thank you for your vote of confidence and your kind compliments. : )

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your tassel and plate! My kitchen has gradually turned into the rooster kitchen, lol.

Etsy is fun to shop on! I should post some of my purchases.

Have a great day!
Kim

Our Complete Family said...

Love your Etsy finds! I have been checking out little girls clothes on Etsy and wowee there are some neat-o things made by some talented folks! I need to hunt for some home things for me, too! Happy day wishes hun~ Les

Joanna said...

I just love Etsy! I love pouncing as well on there and discovering some great new shops.