Thursday, January 29, 2009

CRAFTERS BEWARE....SOMEONE NEW IS IN THE HOUSE

Remember few weeks I ranted and raved about Etsy and how I love hanging out there along with Blogger. Anyway this was my last purchase from Etsy which was from Jamie over at Stampin Mom. I had to share what I ordered and also was lucky to find another surprise when I visited her store. See below...so CUTE!

My Lexi holding Jamie's daughter pot holder I purchased.



Well I didn't tell you Jamie also has another crafter that had a few pot holders in her Etsy store. It is her daughter trying to see if she could make a little bit of money for her piggy bank. I could not resist any child who is working her little fingers off creating something this beautiful and colorful so I had to grab the last one. I remember when I made these loop pot holders when I was a child and how fun it was to create. Lexi fell in love with it and wants to make one also...so we are going to hunt for the kit and see if she can create some when she is a little older. I think right now we are going to stick to the punches she has been doing with Mom here and there. Anyway I just had to share with all the other crafters you got some stiff competition in the house.


15 comments:

Lisa said...

SWEETHEART! HUGS FROM MAINE http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great finds! I used make those potholders love it!

BECKY said...

It's a sistahood...no competition!!! Really cute stuff!! Thanks for sharing!!
Blessings,
Becky :o)

Tam said...

Yes Etsy does ROCK! You can even find things for boys...LOL I found a Retro looking Robot scrabble tile pendant for one of my boys...who wanted a necklace..so I hunted for something boyish and found it on ETSY>

Ruth Ann said...

I think it's great when kids have the urge to create! I remember making those loop potholders when I was a kid. I think I have either seen the kit at Walmart or Joanns. I believe Joanns has one and you could use your 40% off coupon!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for your well-wishes concerning my sick little Sara. She continues to get just a tad better every day.
I'm SO GLAD you bought that little pot holder from the budding young creator. I, too, made these with my friend when I was about 9 and we sold them door-to-door (only on my Street). Great memories.
I'm pretty sure I still see these Loom kits at Michael's and JoAnn's in the Kid Craft section. Good luck! : )

Christina said...

It just tickles me so when the little ones get involved in creating.

Looks like a fun kit for y'all to create with.

BECKY said...

Hi Ramblin!! I am so sorry!! I was joking and would NEVER EVER leave a comment that I thought would cause ANYONE any type of doubt or bad feelings!! I was joking, and I thought with how I said "sistahood" that the levity would come across! You are such a sweetie! I know you never meant it was a real competition!! You were giving an awesome shout-out and I loved it!!

I'm so very sorry I worded it in a way that was open to misinterpretation.

My sincere apology,
Becky

BECKY said...

Thanks sweetie!
I enjoy your blog, too!!
And I am ALL for promoting kids! That's what my new meme is all about, one on one with children and grandchildren! It starts next Wednesday!! Hope you'll join the fun!
Blessings,
Becky

Joy said...

Oh that potholder brings back some memories! I remember making those too, and being so proud of my little creation.

April said...

First of all, Lexi is such a sweetie! I made those loop potholders all the time when I was a kid...I haven't seen one in years! I love ETSY, too!

Lorie said...

Lexi is TOO CUTE!!

Jeni said...

That is so wierd to see one of those pot holders. I use to make tons of those. I wish I still had a few.

Elise said...

Fun stuff!! I had one of those looms when I was younger, too, and then bought myself{I mean, my kids ;)} one about a year ago.
Elise

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Oh, thank you so much for featuring my daughters looms and shop on your cute lil' bloggy :-) I gotta get you on my sidebar, I thought I had done that so I could keep up with you, hehe...but apparently didn't. You Rock!!!

Jamie