Wednesday, December 3, 2008

#2 Favortie Things


My goodness this is fun! I went shopping for some of my goodies for this week and what fun it was. Anyway another favorite thing of mine is listening to classic Christmas music...I do love today's artist but something about the older generation that makes me feel like I am right there when they are singing...you know like White Christmas- Bing Crosby; Baby It's Cold Outside- Dean Martin and many other classic songs from when I was a child. So today's winner will get a Holiday Classic Christmas Cd to enjoy during the holidays. So leave me a comment and tell me what are your favorite classic songs.

Contest will close at 9am Eastern Time 12/4/08

18 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'd have to say my all-time favorite is "Little Drummer Boy"...just beautiful!

Valarie Lea said...

I love, love, love this one. Its one of my favorite to listen to at Christmas.

Tam said...

OK HMM maybe not really a classic Christmas SONG but I love love the one by John Lennon. LOL Silent night is one of my FAVS but who does not like that after all!

Tam said...

OOOO Also....OK yeah the thing you said about Lady and Sons....I did not really love the food..Tourist do love it but honestly I was not in love and it cost a fortune. LOL I have not eaten at Pirate HOUSE in a long time...but honestly GIVE me OUTBACK or Macroni Grill...and I am good to GO! LOL LOL OOO have you been to our new Scrapbooking Store here in Savannah...it opened this summer. A Scrapbook Boutique? It is cute. I do alot of my shopping at Ac Moore and Michaels because of the coupons but sometimes I find some paper or other things there...YOU will have to come and visit that with...OOO maybe after the holidays...we could do some scraping here or there!

Unknown said...

my favorite Christmas song of all time is Winter Wonderland love it!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

One of my favorite older version Christmas songs is Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt(i think thats who sings it),, I just love it.

Christina said...

I love Bing Crosby. I'm enjoying your favorite things!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love Bing crosby and Elvis!! Christmas just isn't Christmas without them!! Thanks for the giveaway!~Wendy

Bobbi said...

I also love the "Little drummer boy" song. I love all the old ones! Count me in for this one too. Bobbi
www.mixedblessings4.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Looks like a wonderful CD!! I love any version of Silent Night and O Holy Night.

Robin Beck said...

I'm with you...Love the old crooners!
I couldn't pick just one...Anything that is sung by Dean Martin or Big Crosby I love!
Robin~♥

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

"Joy to the World" is my favorite Christian Christmas song, but I absolutely adore "White Christmas"...that song just gets to me! Blessings,
Debbie

Michele said...

Hi Beth ~ no wonder we got along so well! White Christmas is my favorite movie...and I'm constantly singing all the songs from it and the ones from Sinatra, Dean and Bing!

Hugz,
Michele

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Bing Crosby is in my car's CD player this week :) SO Christmasy.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the season, too...

The Style Sisters said...

Oh I love the oldies too!! It just isn't Christmas without Bing, Dean Martin, Rosemary Clooney, Perry Como and of course...Nat King Cole...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....Love that. Hey thanks for stopping by and leaving the kind words about my brother. :)

Darlene said...

I LOVE any versions of Silver Bells. Just beautiful!

Nichole said...

Oh how I love Christmas music! I love Silver Bells, Santa Baby, and Silent Night.

Jenni said...

I am right with you on this one! My parents were married at 1957 and they collected all the good oldies! So even though my younger sister and I were born almost twenty years later, we grew up with these great, crackly old records, and boy do I miss them! My favorite records were Johnny Mathis and Perry Como's Christmas records! :) Now we have a CD copy of Bing Crosby, but maybe it's time to buy a couple of the others...

I hope you have a good night! :)