
Pretty much in a funk on what to post. Not much going on with me except I did go shopping this weekend to get all my Thanksgiving grub. I am hosting it this year and can't wait to get in the kitchen and get the house smelling with those flavors of good home cooking. My plans are to do a Ham and Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, mac/cheese, fresh peas, corn casserole, squash casserole, and numerous sweets for dessert. Thought since the crowd would be pretty busy this weekend I knocked it out by jumping the gun some. So all I need to do now is get the house in some order.
Last night had a call from a friend and guess what they brought us a turkey. So now I have two turkeys and two hams in my freezer. So looks like Christmas is already bought now. Just need the side dishes but will not be as much since my family is only coming for Thanksgiving.
Let's see what other things are on my mind. I got to head to the mailbox and get my Christmas Stocking Swap partners gift in the mail today....hope she likes what I send her! It was fun getting all kinds of neat goodies to send to someone from blog land. This was my first swap and it sure won't be my last.
Oh yeah I got my Christmas trees out this weekend and they are under the carport waiting for me to bring them in and unpack. I will wait till Thanksgiving night when my mom and sister in law will be here to help me decided where to put them out. I have two green ones and two silver tinsel ones. I also plan on getting a real one this year to go into my family room. So bunch of trees will be all over the house. I have way more Christmas stuff than any other holiday decorations.
Let's see what else....ummm...work galore on my desk so I best get to it so I can clean it off before next week. Since it will be a short week...two days for me....yippee! Long holiday weekend!
Have a nice day! It's finally cold down here in Georgia!


17 comments:
YES it is too cold here in Georgia what is up with that...LOL But I have enjoyed it a bit. It has been nice not to sweat so much...LOL The only problem is I have not had any long pants for so long. LOL OOOO TAKE tons of picutres of your Christmas trees! HOPE all is going good this week for you. We are off to see the WIGGLES tonight at the Civic Center. LOL LOL TONS of fun there!
I didn't realize that you live in Georgia...me, too! Small world, huh?
Looks like you have a nice head start on getting the holidays taken care of. I still have to go to the store, but I need to sit down and make out my list first! So much to do in so little time!
We'll put up our Christmas tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving...I can't wait!
Hi Beth ~ what great friends, giving you a turkey!!! I guess I'll be cooking, although I don't feel like entertaining this year. The new house is so much smaller than my old one....don't know where to put everyone!!!
Hugz girlfriend!
Michele
I'm guessing your NOT my swap partner since I've already received my package?!?!? lol
I'm trying to figure out WHO my Secret Santa is?!?! Whoever she is she ROCKS!!!! =) I blogged about my package today!!!!!
Ooooooo your menu sounds WONDERFUL! I am ready for our meal too....we get ours from a catering company and just add a few more favorite side dishes. I am ready to see my parents again as they will come here for Thanksgiving.
Hi ,
Your menu does sound great! Everyone is so busy this time of the year!
diane
mississippi is finally getting some cool temps also. so glad. it now seems like time to start getting those decorations out. where oh where are we going to put all these tree? :)
~nicole
It has been close to 70 here the past week. Man all you getting your trees out are getting my itchy to get my stuff out! cherry
Your menu sounds so yummy! Your making me hungry.
It's been getting cold here around low 40's at night and 50's during the day. Burrrrr.
I love Christmas trees too...we have 5 that we put around the house also!
Hey Girl! I tagged you so come and check it out!
I can't wait to see everyone's Cmas trees! :)
I can not wait to see your lovely Christmas Decorations and things as well. Your dinner sounds delish...I can not wait to see photos and hear recipes.
I miss you girl. I will hopefully be back full time soon.
Marlene
Wow your ahead of me! I don't even have my turkey for Thanksgiving yet. They said on the news this morning that todays is the day everyone needs to buy their turkeys and start thawing them out in the fridge...so guess that's what I need to do today. Have to add it to the list!
we're in the 20's in the mornings. bleh i'm from california you would think the weather would take that into consideration! as for the camera i would suggest a nikon before a cannon. they get better reviews and and if i could do it all over again i would totally go for a nikon! best of luck!
Christmas trees----- yippeeee !!!!
My things are coming out this weekend, I cant stand it any longer :)
Have fun with your muslin! Do you plan to tea-dye it? I never seem to dye mine long enough! Have a great night!
-Ruth Ann
Post a Comment