Anyway....I always buy her two ornaments to add to our family tree. Then when she marries I will hand them down to her. But for now I love collecting these for her. I don't know why I buy two cause if I could I would buy a lot more. They have the neatest ornaments. I also buy my hubby one that depicts something he has done during the year. Like last year he bought a tractor so I got him the little tractor. This year I got the chillin snowman with the grill. He grills all the time so this fit him perfect. Lexi will also get these to just to be able to look back on the years with her mom and dad and tell stories to her children.
Now thru Christmas I will share some family traditions on Friday that I do for my family. I would love to hear others share their family traditions.
Below are the two I bought this year. Later on I will share the actual ornament when I have it on my tree. Gosh I really need to get out and buy some more ornaments since I will be having more than one tree this year. Living in a trailer I only had room for one tree but now I can't wait to get my trees up all over the house. I will share some of that next week. Have a great weekend and I will make my rounds over the weekend to.




15 comments:
I love ORNMENTS...esp HALLMARK! I can not wait for pictures of YOUR TREES! R u Visiting Savannah anytime...you will have to let me know and we can go to Panera or something. HOMEGOODS is a great great place also to shop...LOL Take CARE
Yay I am the first to comment today...YAY
What a great little tradition. The girls are allowed to pick out one ornament a year and then we hang them on the tree with the year on the bottom or back of it. This way when they look back they can see what they picked out that year.
My grandma did that for me when I little! It's funny to get all of my ornaments out to put on my tree. Each has a special memory!
We have also started this with our girls...I hope they appreciate all the ornaments as much as I do!!
Those are adorable ornaments for your tree!
What a fab tradition! I have to admit that I have never bought an ornament that has anything to do with what our family has done. Your daughter is going to love her ornaments when she get's older. YOur such a great mom!
My mom has done the same thing for us since we were born. I love looking at them and remembering why she bought those that year.
What a fun tradition!
What a fun tradition!! I think I would have a bare tree if I gave the children their ornaments. That is, if I could remember which ones belonged to which child!!
Elise
Cute ornaments. My family's done it since I was little and I love telling my kids all about my old ornaments.
Thanks for sharing this tradition with us. How lovely!
Love your new look (your site) and the adorable photo of you and your dad. : )
Love the new look of your blog! Love the ornament tradition too!
Have a great day.
Cute ornaments! But the memories and traditions are even better. Do you surprise her with them, or is she allwoed to see them before the tree is decorated?
Thanks for sharing your Christmas tradition with us!
And thank you for your visits and support of my blog!
Diane
Hi there! So glad you popped over the other day hun! This is a neat tradition. I loved the ornies my Mom gave to me when I moved out. So special! Glad you're doing it for your kiddos, too.
Hoping your Monday is off to a GREAT start! Les
Post a Comment