Monday, November 24, 2008

HOLIDAY RECIPE


Just thought I would share my dressing recipe that I will be cooking on Thanksgiving. I was raised on cornbread dressing but early in my years as a new housewife I found a dressing recipe that sounded really good. It was one my father in law prepared and all I did was tweak it somewhat. Some might think I am crazy but living down in Savannah Georgia at the time I was always surrounded around seafood. Anyway this was one that I fell in love with and from then on I have always fixed my dressing this way.


1 package of Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Dressing mix

1 diced onion- saute

2 cans of cream of celery soup

2 cans of cream of chicken soup

1 cup of cooked white rice

1 can of broth from turkey drippings

2 cans of small tiny shrimp

2 cans of of white crab meat

5 or 6 chopped up boiled eggs

salt/pepper



Mix all together and bake on 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, until bubbly.


Then top with giblet gravy and cranberry sauce on the side. Enjoy...sounds weird but oh it is yummy! Some people like to add oysters but I can't handle those little burgers.


So do you have a weird dressing recipe that you serve?
Image from Internet


10 comments:

Joy said...

MMMMMM! This sounds delicious!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

I bought my Colorfill Diamond Filler from ebay, but you maybe able to get it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Let me know if you make some!

Anonymous said...

You are making me so excited and hungry for thursday!

Unknown said...

I love dressing of any kind this sound really good!

Shannon said...

I don't like seafood but my husband would LOVE this! Happy Thanksgiving!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my gosh that sounds good!!!

Farmchick said...

I think it sounds devine but I love shrimp and seafood!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yum~

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, although I am not a seafood eater. LOL!

Have a great day!

Darlene said...

That sounds great!! We will be having cornbread dressing.