Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MEMORIES FROM THE PAST

Looking over at Kim's family store brought back memories of my granddaddys country store. I can remember walking in the old store with wooden floors which crackling every step youo took. I also would go straight to the BIG candy and cookie jars with red lids and get some goodies. Boy I wish stores were what they used to be when I was a child. If my children could only see that they would be in awe. Also over at Kim's place she showed a wood stove in the store and it reminded me of mine also. I love this stove. I plan on getting it sandblasted and then put it in the corner of my living room. For now it sits outside and Lexi enjoys playing with it while she cooks up some grub for her babies.


Just another picture of her walking down the long drive at home. I wonder what she is thinking about.

So do you have any good memories from the past to share?


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I love that old stove!

I have lots of memories. My Grandaddy owned a gas station, and everytime we would stop by, he would give us a little bag to fill with candies and then he unlocked the drink machine and let us pull out the drink of our choice. Back then, there were only bottled drinks (no cans yet!) and they were in slots that you pulled out through a skinny glass door after you deposited your money. I think they were 15 cents at that time. We didn't get a lot of candy, so he spoiled us every chance he got.

I could go on and on, but then it would take up all of your room!

Have a great day!

Elise said...

Hey,
I found you!! I was pretty certain that you were on Carrie's blog and you were!! Love the stove. I remember when we used to walk down the road to the convenient store and could get a whole bag full of candy and a coke for a dollar. I am sure that's nothing compared to what my parents' dollar could buy, but now you can't even get a coke for a dollar.
Have a great day!!
Elise

Valarie Lea said...

I love that stove! I don't know if I would bring it in just yet. At least not until Lexi is to old to play pretend with it. Think of the memories she is making. :)

Unknown said...

love the stove cute picture of Lexi!

Darlene said...

Beautiful stove....that picture of Lexi walking down the drive is so cute!

I can still access your blog from my favorites but when you leave a comment and I try to access it....it shows blog profile is not publically available.

Christine said...

What a beautiful stove! I would love to see it when you have it all fixed up. Adorable picture of Lexie, would be a nice one to put into a frame!

Have a wonderful day! =O)

Christine said...

...a quick question,,,how did you put the christmas stocking picture on your side bar there...help me beth!...lol

Darlene said...

No, it still won't work. Come over to my site and go under comments and click on your name. It shows some stuff and then shows enable access to your profile underlined....try clicking on that from there and see if you can enable it.

Shannon said...

Hi! I have been trying to access your blog for weeks! I wasn't ignoring you! Everytime I clicked on your name it said, "Profile Unavailable". I'm glad it is back and running! I'll have to check out Graphic Fairy. Thanks for the suggestion!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Rambling Girl,

I'm so glad we can access your blog now. I'm afraid I can't think of any good childhood memories but I sure enjoy yours. I would definitely restore that stove...it's a beauty!