
With the farm goodness about to be ready in the deep south, I got my favorite corn fritter recipe out so I will be ready to make some. I found this in a Southern Living Magazine a few years back and fix it every summer. If I am not mistaken they called them corn cakes but to me they are just like fritters.
2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 (8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
salt/pepper
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 (8-oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
salt/pepper
Mix first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fry them in skillet the same way you make salmon patties...just a few minutes on each side.


4 comments:
Your recipe looks good. I'm visiting from the belated Mingle Monday. And I love your blog design - so cute.
I think I may have tried that recipe from a few years ago. Thanks for the reminder!
I've never had a corn fritter before, if you can believe it...I think the time has come to give it a go!:)
oh yum! I must make these.
Tana
Post a Comment