Monday, March 22, 2010

HAPPY SPRING MEANS FRESH VEGGIES

Edited this to add on to Kimba's DIY Party. Join in, so many wonderful, talented bloggers all in one spot each week. You name it, it's over there so go check Kimba's Grand Party out!
Spring time means one of my favorite dishes....bad thing is I forgot to take the finish product but at least here is the beginnning of something good!

It is real simple and oh so tasty and different.  I am not a kiebalsa sausage person but this in the one way I will eat this type of sausage.
All you do is cut up a vidalia onion, layer on bottom of pyrex dish,
Chop up zuchhni, squash, and new potatoes,
Then chop up your sausage.
Now the layering process is simple add onion, veggies and meat and repeat process.
Then on each layer add all your seasons that are in the above picture to your own measurements. I usually just sprinkle till it is covered. Last layer your bell peppers on top and top off with soy sauce. Cover with tin foil and cook on low for two or more hours...I just keep an eye on mine until the sausage is cooked around the edges. I usually put it on 300 degrees.  No need to add water because you will get plenty of juice from the sausage and veggies.

This can also be done in a crock pot if you choose to. Sometimes I may add different veggies but most of the time it is these basic ones.

The Montreal Steak season is hot if you put a lot so be light on this season. All the others are used to cover the veggies in a generous amount. Basically you want all this to be freash and tasty and not bland so add your seasons...I do not use any salt or pepper cause most of these seasons have it already in the seasoning.

Be sure to cut your sausage up to very thin slices.

This is really a one dish wonder but I do always fix cream forty peas from the garden with this meal and then I am set to go. It seems to help make my dish last longer cause we all love this very much. Actually the kids eat this dish better than eating any of the veggies by itself. So that is a win win for me!

No set amount of items...when I make it I use two packages of sausage, 3 large zuks and 3 squash, 1/2 bag of a 5lb bag of new potatoes and 2 bell peppers and onions. I use a sweet onion when vidalia's are not in season.  

Enjoy....

12 comments:

Maggie S said...

That looks delicious!!! I've got to try it.

Unknown said...

that looks so good! I am ready to have some fresh veggies :D

Carrie

April said...

You can't beat fresh veggies...sounds DE-LISH!!!

Ruth Ann said...

Looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

YUMMY! I am so excited for it to be warm enough to plant my square foot garden this year. I LOVE veggies. Can't wait to try your recipe!

XOOX
Jen

Susan said...

Printed it out, cant wait to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Have a great weekend!

Tam said...

Oh yeah I bet this is super yummy!

Amy said...

this looks wonderful! thanks for sharing.

Paula@SweetPea said...

This sounds really good!

Em said...

That looks SO good! I don't usually do sausage either but I'll take your word for it... yum it's making me hungry!

Jeni said...

That looks yummy! What a great way to get some veggies. I will need to get some of that montreal seasoning. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my blog! I really appreciate it. Now I'm going to have to give your yummy dish a whirl-thanks for the wonderful idea.