I mentioned earlier this week I got a new crock pot/slow cooker. I have been on the hunt for some wonderful meals to cook so I plan on cooking this over the weekend. Got this recipe from one of my mommies and have wanted to try it so we shall see how it is...Forecast is rain all day Saturday so I shall be laying around while my supper cooks watching movies. Doesn't that sound like a win win situation. Also it is a 3 day weekend...woohoo...hoot hoot...woohoo...see I am excited over the little things in life. Have a great weekend and I will be back to share my review on my chicken dish.
boneless skinless chicken breasts ( however much your family needs)
2/3 c vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sprite (have also used 7up and squirt)
2 T soy sauce
2T crushed garlic
pepper (black or cayenne..... I always use cayenne!!)
Put chicken in crock pot....... mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. cook on low 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high. serve over rice.
NOTE: I use tons of garlic . I double or triple the "sauce" when using lots of chicken breasts. We like to put rice in a bowl and shred the chicken on top... then pour some of the liquid on top. (we also sprinkle more cayenne pepper on top)You can also thicken the sauce by adding some corn starch to it before serving it.



9 comments:
YUM...that sounds delicious. I definitely want a review to see if it goes on my menu. Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing 3 day weekend.♥
ohh yum.. thats does look good! Please let us know!!!
I just want to share one thing that I have learned with making chicken in a slowcooker.. I brown each side in canola oil (real quick) and then add to the SC. it make sure that the chicken holds their juices in and also makes it so it doesnt have the fat floating and the meat doesnt feel like rubber. :)
oh and have a wonderful 3 day weekend.. im so jealous!
Tana
sounds so good!
woot woot for three day weekends!
Sounds SOOO good! Please let us know!
Have a great weekend!
Many Blessings!
Jill
Sounds so good. I love using my crock pot! I will have to try that!
XOXO
Jen
This looks good. I love love crock pot dinners. Thanks...I need a new recipe...things here are blah...the last couple of days I couldn't$ think of anything to cook.
Cant wait to try the recipe. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. Will have to send some of mine.
Amber I found you. Miss your interesting blogs on Multiply. I will check in here to read you. Love that recipe, sounds good and I will have to try it. I like using the crockpot. Everything always tastes so good.
Post a Comment