Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 CHANGES


Went out and ran some errands for the office this morning at Walmart. I was in the magazine section buying some magazines for the office. I ran across this book and remember seeing several who blogged about doing the Dave Ramsey Plan...well I decided I wanted to get this book and see what it is all about. Hubby and I will go over this weekend and try the baby steps of his plan. Hubby has told me we are going to be a cash only house...no credit cards anymore...payoff our home sooner, and etc....well I figured if so I better get pick up this book and read what Mr. Dave has to say about how to acheive this process. So we shall see!

So tell me, have any of you read this book and tried the plan?

8 comments:

Elise said...

I've read both of Dave Ramsey's books and attended his Financial Peace University, but they didn't take, apparently. I need to read the books again, because we need to get on a budget.
Elise

Darlene said...

I've heard a lot about him but have never read the books or attended any of his seminars. I think it would be fantastic to totally be debt free though. I'd go for it especially since your hubby is on board too.

Tam said...

I follow a couple of blogs that are about getting out of the debt closet. One is called budgets are the new black blog...I like here and I love a Five Dollar meal planning...

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I haven't tried it, but I have had a lot of friends who read that book and really loved it. It's on my list of books to read and implement. Can't wait to hear what you think!

XOXO
Jen

Jeni said...

Good luck! I thinks it's hard to stick to a budget but feels thrilling when I do do it.

Whoa I made that brown sugar chicken in the crock pot last week...something went terribly wrong! I used distilled vinegar? It was so bad we all took one bite and went to Wendy's for chili and the new spicy nuggets. At least I tried it and we all had fun laughing at how bad it was.

Sarah said...

I have not read his books, but listen to him on the radio, used to listen a lot. I've considered reading the book, but just goign on what he says on his radio program...well I can't get hubby on board 100%, so I figure its wasting my time to try alone, considering he's the big spender. I'll be interested to see what you have to think of it all. I love his philosphy, and it obviously works.

MisfitGirl said...

I bought his online program and got some great use out of zero budgeting philosophy. I have not read any of the books, but the online tools were very helpful.

Lara Harris said...

We are about to start the course at our church...I've heard many great things about it :)