Thursday, December 17, 2009

CHRISTMAS CHEER: Homemade Wassail


Thought I would share something I fix on Christmas Eve along with some fingers foods.
1 gallon non pasteurized apple cider is best but can use pasteurized.
1 quart orange juice no pulp
3-7 whole cloves, or all spice
1 tablespoon dried orange peel
2-3 cinnamon sticks
Cook in crock pot until all spices fully dissolve. This will take about 24 hours on low heat. Serve hot or chilled and I promise you the spices used will give you the best wassail you've ever tried.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounds wonderful. Mom asked me if I had any requests for food for Christmas, and this reminded me that I forgot to mention Wassail! That would be a yummy addition!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! I am going to try it!

XOXO
Jen

Tam said...

HMMM I love Wassil...I will have to try this one!

Andora said...

I love wassail...my holidays wouldn't be the same withou it..this one sounds really good...

Rachel Berry said...

Oh YUM!!! I'm will be trying this recipe for sure next week. THANKS!!

:)Rachel

Chatty Crone said...

I have to be honest - I've heard of Wassail - never knew what it was. This sounds great.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Darlene said...

I LOVE Wassail and I bet yours is delicious! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.♥