Afternoon Friends......Been a busy Monday...the weekend was pretty nice but it went by way to fast...
Went to the ballgame Friday night, we loss but we had a pretty good season this year. If we had won we would have been in 4th place with the region and started in the playoffs next week...oh well there is next year. On Saturday morning, the WLHS Cheerleaders won Region and will travel to Columbus, Ga next Saturday for the State Title...We have won every competition this year for 1st place so we have a good shot at it. Last time we placed was in 1998 when my oldest cheered and that was 5th place. Lexi is all into cheerleading so one day I will be back in full swing with it also. I think I love it just as much as they do if not more. I was a judge with GHSA for the state before I had Lexi and then stepped out of the judging cause it was just to much with a baby. However, since Lexi is in school now I am planning on returning next year to judge.
This is last years birthday picture...each year her dad buys her a chocolate cake from the bakery just like this and always has the number on her cake instead of individual candles...so she asked him this weekend was he getting her another cake...I thought that was so sweet she remembers that her daddy and her have this special thing each year.
She will be 5 Friday but will have her party on Saturday...the Big Giant Slide will be her fun thing along with hayride and few other things for the kids. Later that evening we will be having our big pig jig that we have each year. So lots of things to do this week to get ready.
Over the weekend we also headed up to North Georgia on Saturday afternoon to pick up a china cabinet my parents bought me for my birthday...and since we had the truck with us my dad also gave me a pine pie safe since they were closing in their screen porch...Not sure why they didn't want it anymore but I was more than happy to take it home with me.
Still no camera...went to look at one over the weekend but hubby talked me into waiting and getting a nicer one when we go to Macon and look for one that I really want instead of settling for just anything. So still no camera so no shots of anything till I get one...I do hope this week I can manage to get up there to have one for the weekend and if not then I am going to have to ask my dear friends to take some pics for me this weekend.
Hurricane Ida is on its way to the Gulf so remember those who are in that area...It suppose to affect our weather also but nothing as bad as the direct hit to the Gulf.
Have a great week!


9 comments:
Looks like you've been very busy lately! Can't wait to see all the furniture that you brought home! Also, just wondering cause I must have missed it, but what is a "big pig jig?"
Have a wonderful week and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!
Just wanted to let you know that I dusted off my sewing machine, and I will be working on something for you and Lexi very very soon!
Sounds like you have been busy, busy! I can't wait to see your new furniture. Sounds like Lexi is going to have a great birthday. Isn't it sweet that her daddy is already making a cake tradition for her and that she loves it! Hope you have a great week.♥
What a cutie love that cake!
I am looking for a camera too let me know what you find.
We are suppose to get 4 to 6 inches of rain tomorrow!
If you see a sign on the way to the mountains that says Hartwell wave!
♥Carrie
Looks like a fun weekend!
What a sweet little tradition that Lexi and her daddy have together.
Y'all have a safe trip!
We are getting ready for some more rain, it's been raining here off and on all afternoon. Nothing too bad and luckily we are now pretty much out of anything bad. Thoughts are with those now that will be affected the most.
You are a winner on A BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING.....
Check the blog and email me your name, address, ect...
annah99@aol.com
Hey girl you won alittle something from me! I decided at the last minute to do a small giveaway and you won!
Its a button bracelet!
email me with the colors you want and your address.
Congrats
Carrie
I love to watch the cheerleader...it is a tough sport. They can do some amazing things.
My niece and sister-in-law share the 13th for their birthdays too.
It have been raining at my house since late last night...I like it though...I have candles on and can just stay put here at home tonight.
OO How it is raining here right now. Yeah you need a new camera...we need to see pics of that PIE Safe!!!!
Take care!!!
Ooh, I cannot wait to see the new furniture pieces!!
Happy early birthday to Lexi!!
Elise
Post a Comment