Thought I would share a quick recipe I found on the Land O Lakes website. I have fixed this a lot this summer. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. CARROT ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup zucchini, shredded
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup zucchini, shredded
Heat oven to 400°F.
Combine orange juice, butter and liquid egg whites in large bowl; mix well.
Add all remaining ingredients except carrots and zucchini.
Stir just enough to moisten.
Gently stir in carrots and zucchini.
Spoon evenly into greased 12-cup muffin pan.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Let cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.


5 comments:
OH, yes...this will go in my recipe box! They sound great and maybe...just maybe...my kids will eat zucchini!
I will definatly try these. They sound good and healthy.
Sounds yummy! You always have the best recipes! I wish I lived closer so we could visit and go to thrift stores! :)
Hey Beth...About the fabric for your quilt...Are you planning on buying a yard of each print you want for the quilt???You said you
were thinking Fall. You do not have to buy a whole yard, if you get 1/4 of a yard for each depending on the number of Fall prints you can find..Out of a 36 inch lenght you will be able to 6 6inch squares..Let's say you get 6 pieces of different fabric that will give you 72 squares, so we know you will have to have at least 7 different prints or solid
color in order to get your 80 squares. Don't know when you plan to get started, but I will do my best to help all I can.
Good luck and may God bless.
Love ya,
Rose
I have a home meade carrots cake recipe and a zucchini bread recipe but have never combined the two-we will have to try it.
Sorry-I've been out of commission -- terribly sick for over a week-- but do you want to know how I cut my grocery bill in half? go to Cut your grocery bills now plus I have a give a way and a new Mr Linky party starting tomorrow but Mr Linky will be up by 8 p.m. tonight
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri
Post a Comment