Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ARE YOU A BRAND OR GENERIC GIRL?

OH MY DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
NO NOT THE TEA AND KOOL-AID
BUT A DANG RAT.....EWWW
YEP...LEXI TRYING TO SCARE ME WITH A RAT! LITTLE GIRLS....

LOOKS LIKE HE HAS BEEN MUNCHING ON THE BELL PEPPER FROM MY GARDEN...COULD BE THE NEW TATERS THOUGH


SERIOUSLY ARE YOU A BRAND GIRL....I CAN NOT LIE I AM!
I KNOW WITH THE WAY THE ECONOMY IS I SHOULD NOT BE BUT I WOULD HATE TO WASTE MONEY ON GENERIC AND THEN IT WOULD NOT BE ANY GOOD

OH THIS VIDALIA SALAD DRESSING IS DA BOMB....I NEED TO SHIP SOME OUT TO A FEW FRIENDS...I WILL THOUGH SOON. KROGER HAD SOME BUT THEY HAVE BEEN OUT. I AM WONDERING IF THIS IS A SEASONAL PRODUCT BUT THE SEASON IS STILL IN.


YEP BUTTER ALSO...LOVE LAND O LAKES

WERE CHEESE LOVERS ALSO


EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A GARDEN I LOVE MY BROCCOLI FROZEN





SCHOOL IS ALMOST HERE SO THE TOASTER SCRAMBLES ARE READY TO POP IN A TOASTER...OOPS I THINK I BETTER GO BUY ONE...I DON'T OWN ONE AND HAVEN'T IN A VERY LONG TIME.


OOPS I SEE AN OFF BRAND KETCHUP BUT IT IS ONLY USED FOR SAUCES...I DO HAVE MY HEINZ IN THE BOTTOM SHELF


BLUE PLATE
O'CHARLEY'S HONEY MUSTARD
TEXAS PETE SAUCE
HEINZ COCKTAIL SAUCE
EVEN A LITTLE ALOE VERA TO SOOTH THE SUNBURNS..hehehe

NOW WE ARE A DIVIDED HOUSEHOLD WHEN IT COMES TO SODA'S
HUBBY IS DIRE HARD PEPSI PRODUCT
I AM NOTHING BUT A COKE FREAK
KIDS ARE DIVIDED ALSO...
SEE EXAMPLE OF WASTEFUL....APPLESAUCE...OFF BRAND BUT LEXI SAYS IT IS NASTY...SO WHO IS GOING TO EAT IT NOW...RIGHT BEHIND THE SPRITE...
SO THE WHOLE REASON OF THIS POST IS TO FIND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY NO NAME BRANDS THAT ARE JUST AS TASTY THAT YOU HAVE DISCOVERED AND YOU MIGHT WANT TO SHARE WITH ME SO I DON'T WASTE ANY BUCKS...


9 comments:

Joanna said...

First let me say I'd love to try that dressing! We don't even have a Kroger here so I have no idea where I could find it.

Okay...I am a little bit of both. Tea, milk, sugar, cereals, oatmeal, syrups, jams, cheese, most all condiments actually (except for ketchup, Heinz only please)we do generic. Target brand and Publix brand are far superior then any others I have tried. They nail the flavors of the brand name perfectly, so these are the only generics we buy.

Things I won't buy generic are ketchup of course, bread, pop corn, chips, crackers (like wheat thins), coffee, chocolate syrup (the generics aren't as thick as Hershey), pop tarts, frozen pizza, ready to bake cookies, and boxed cake, cookie or brownie mix.

We do save money on buying the generic and if you try out Target brand (Market Pantry) or Publix brand it's good! And let me just say that I am the pickiest eater that you will probably ever come across!

I can't give an opinion on frozen veggies, because I don't eat veggies. (see I told you I was picky) But I do buy Green Giant or my two generic brands, depending on sales and what not.

Whew...I typed a lot, I hope I was able to give you some advice!

mysteryhistorymom said...

I'm a Brandaholic, too! lol! I do not know any off brands that taste as good, except maybe bread. I have been buying store brand bread lately. Everything else is the real thing, though. I am anxious to see what others have to say...

Sorry, but the Favorite Things Swap is already underway, Sweets. A lady named Kelly is hosting it but I can't remember her blog name... I have noticed that quite a few people like to host them, though, so there will be more!:) Lori

Anonymous said...

That lil toot! a rat...hehe! The ruler is coming soon. Promise. I do have another good project next post..a gotta see!

Darlene said...

I have to admit I am a brandaholic!! I hardly ever buy off brand.

Nichole said...

I buy whatever is cheapest. I could really care less what the name on the box is. In most products, I can't tell a difference anyway. Sometimes the store brands do taste differently but they don't taste bad, just have their own taste. Like store brand pop tarts taste different than the brand Pop Tarts but they are still good.

April said...

I, too, am all about name brand products, for the most part. Now, some things I'll buy off-brand, but not often.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Cute post

I am starting a NEW Mr. Linky party. It will begin on Aug 10th so everyone will have a week and a half to think about their first post. I have a poll up for votes on which button should be the new button. The "party" is called The Knock Off Knock Out-where THRIFTY meets creative sensation. Go over and learn more about the new weekly event and I would appreciate if you would cast your vote and HELP pick the new button design and its the last week for the July GIVE-A-Way, if you would like to be a part of that event..
Cheri

Angie said...

I buy both name brands and also the store brand. I am trying to save more $ at the grocery store, but it's hard!

Jeni said...

I am so an ALL name brand girl! Once I had to borrow a can of cream of mushroom soup...on Halloween to make my dinner in a pumpkin. All my neighbor had was 20 cans of the Walmart soup...Halloween dinner was horrible.