Yesterday Hubster and I traveled to Atlanta for Court. Long story but to make it short my hubby got custody of his 11 year old son. So after court we had to go celebrate and so we could not decide where to eat...well hubstud says what about food court at Cumberland Mall and at this point with all the traffic I just was about to starve and needed food.
I saw a sign that said food court one way and restaurants another way so I said nope go to the restaurants...well he did and I had not heard of any that I saw but then behind the bush of trees I see this name......Cheesecake Factory....I have heard of this place but never been...well oh my goodness I was amazed when we walked in...see the ceiling....were from little ole town in the country.....anyway we got our seat
menu...no this is not just any menu it's a BOOK...I have never seen so much stuff...well it took me forever just to look through it and I still didn't get finish...I finally asked the waiter what was good and he suggested a couple of things....
I did decide on the fried cheese which is a necessity anytime I go to Red Lobster...they are the only ones who can make the best....well strike Lobby off cause now it's factory that has got the BEST fried cheese....oh those were divine.....
now on to my course...I decided since this waiter, Kayode seem to know any and everything about anything in this HUGE BOOK I would take his word....Imagine me trusting another person with my food choice...something I do not do....Now I was in awe this dish was the bomb...
CHICKEN MADEIRA
I pulled off the Internet the recipe and plan on buying me some wine and trying this out...I loved this meal...and in all the places I have ever ate this Waiter knew everything and was right about all of it and was the BEST waiter I ever have had in my life...He got a HUGE TIP from us....see I was a waitress years ago when I was a lot younger...well one of my first few jobs and have had many of wait on me but he was the best...
If your ever in the area of Cumberland Mall be sure and ask for him....Kayode (pronounced Cade)
Now here is the recipe that was so yummy......
CHICKEN MADEIRA
Our Most Popular Chicken Dish! Sauteed Chicken Breast Topped with Fresh Asparagus and Melted Mozzarella Cheese, Covered with Fresh Mushroom Madeira Sauce. Served with Mashed Potatoes
The Cheesecake Factory® Madeira Chicken
Chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
8 asparagus spears
4 mozzarella cheese slices
Madeira Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 Cups madeira wine
2 Cups beef stock
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Wrap each chicken breast with plastic wrap, using a meat mallet to flatten the chicken to about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.Sauté the chicken fillets for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken has browned. Remove chicken fillets from the pan and wrap them together in foil to keep the fillets warm.
Madeira Sauce
Chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
8 asparagus spears
4 mozzarella cheese slices
Madeira Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 Cups madeira wine
2 Cups beef stock
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Wrap each chicken breast with plastic wrap, using a meat mallet to flatten the chicken to about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.Sauté the chicken fillets for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken has browned. Remove chicken fillets from the pan and wrap them together in foil to keep the fillets warm.
Madeira Sauce
Using the skillet chicken was just browned in, (do not wash) heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté about two minutes. Add the madeira wine, beef stock, butter and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce has reduce to about 1/4 of its original volume. Sauce will have thickened and turned dark brown in color.Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with water and bring to a boil with a small amount of salt. Toss the asparagus into the water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of asparagus spears. Drop the asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. The asparagus should be slightly tender when done.
Arrange the cooked chicken fillets on a baking pan. Cross two asparagus spears over each fillet and cover each with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown spots begin to appear on the cheese.
Arrange two chicken breasts on each plate, spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of madeira sauce over the chicken on each plate.Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Arrange the cooked chicken fillets on a baking pan. Cross two asparagus spears over each fillet and cover each with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown spots begin to appear on the cheese.
Arrange two chicken breasts on each plate, spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of madeira sauce over the chicken on each plate.Makes 2 to 4 servings.
The bad thing about it all we didn't eat any cheesecake cause we were so FULLLLLLL...but planned on getting some to go but the heat we thought would ruin it before we got home....so we opted out and plan on coming back in a few weeks and dining here again...yep ATL I will be back for more of this great place and the cheesecake!
I pulled this from some site...not sure but it is from the Internet.....
Also went to TARGET and was disappointed, actually went to two and did not find the presidents flash cards....Jen had shared she had gotten some and made a garland..Oh it was so cute on her mantel...be sure and check it out and her blog...she is very creative.
I am a history buff and I wanted some for Lexi and Gage to help with school down the road....I thought it would be fun playing a game with those. If anyone sees any please let me know cause I would love to get some....She stated she got them in the dollar section. Either CA is the only one with those...I don't know how Target is with their stuff since I don't there often...Maybe twice a year or so...I know I am a homebody and don't travel often...Do a lot of my shopping local.....


10 comments:
I guess we are spoiled..we have a couple Cheese Cake factory Restaurants close by us...very yummy food and a fun place to eat for sure. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for sharing the recipe, sounds good!
I have never been to a Cheesecake Factory but your food looks DELICIOUS! YUM!
What great news about your husband winning custody! The Cheesecake Factory is the perfect place for a celebration! You really must try the cheesecake next time...it's divine!
We don't have one close to us and I have never been in one...Wow! I want to hunt the closest one down and have a road trip!
I can send you a box if you want??
Oh, what fun! Cheesecake Factory is amazing! Congratulations on winning custody, too!:)
I got my goodies today, Sweets! Thank you so much! Lori
Your meal at The Cheesecake Factory sounds and looks wonderful. You have some of the most amazing place to eat over there. You must go back for the cheesecake and share pictures of it on your blog.
Congratulations on winning custody.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x
What amazingly good news about your step-son. I'm so happy for all concerned!
And about the Cheesecake Factory...Amazing place! : )
What a fun way to celebrate! I love that area by the Cumberland mall. That Borders and movie theater across the street from the mall is fun and so nice. I wish I lived N. Atlanta! We have seen a few famous type people when we are in that area.
I think I saw those at target last summer...I will keep my eye out for them...that is a super cute idea.
Love the CF!! They are so expensive so we don't go often. AT ALL!!
That recipe sounds great!!
Elise
Post a Comment