Thursday, December 18, 2008

SWAP TIME

Well who doesn't love a swap....one who gets nothing but that is not the case with me...Oh I have some great goodies that I received in the last few weeks...I know how slow am I ...I had planned to share last week but the dreaded crud took my body over.


I joined two swaps, well I thought only one but later I was surprised with a box and some ornaments from Bekki's Ornament Exchange...the only problem was I signed up after the deadline and thought it was too late...we had a big mix up with emails...I got word she had someone...I sent my address to her but never got a response so I assumed the other decided not to or something....well anyway I got this gift in the mail and was thinking it was one of the giveaways I won....guess what it wasn't...BIG SURPRISE cause I had no clue who this was....well after sending messages to Bekki we got everything straight...she could not find any information about us but after a few days she found out the problem and now Debbi who was my swap for this exchange sent me this...Now I just got all the information this week so I went out and got my gift to send Debi this week....Gosh I have lots of mailing to get out tomorrow....my swap and giveaways...but that will be another blog later......

Anyway Debi be looking for your package...It was mailed this morning.


She sent me this cute Santa....Oh I collect Santa's and I am sure she did not know this...




Also received these cute ornaments that Lexi believes we get to eat them....This was before I put them on the tree...I had to literally hide these or she would be climbing up the tree to get them...She really thinks they are cookies with icing on them...I told her they were not but she still says they are....Now you tell me how to explain this to a 4 year old....you know they are always right!

Also received a sweet card from Debi...I just have felt so bad that this happened and she did not get hers within the deadline....but I hope this reassures her that hers is on her way.....I think she is new to blogging so go visit her...She has some cute crafts that she shares and I think you would love!

Also go check Michelle out she also has a great blog!




So on to what I got...well I saw over on Robin's Nest she was hosting a stocking exchange...so I thought this sounds fun. She loaded me down with some cute things...oh she also is the one that sent me my crows during the Fall. I think I showed you where I had them...but not so sure since I deleted pretty much a good portion of my blog over some frivolous stuff that happened. Anyway here are some goodies she sent....





Snowman...he/she actually sits in my window hoping that when I look out my window I will have a real snow...I know this is gonna happen...just wait and watch I will post it when it does....right beside it my Lexi decided to pick the house up and put it by the snowman, but it sits on the other side of my window..this is where one of my Christmas trees is at. I really have to watch her with this house...It gets moved around a lot to different window seals...also she thought it needed to be in every pic I took this morning.




This is the stocking she fixed for me...so vintage...I love it! Michelle had two vintage pins at the bottom and then the one at top...So cute! I have it hanging up but when we took a pic of it hanging you could not see the pins...oops my camera was acting up also and you can't see the bottom pins either...maybe it is the camera lady.

Now this sits on my cabinet door in the foyer...I love this little door hanger...





Oops here is the front of my house Michelle did...see I told you Lexi thinks she has to move this around...she loves it just as much as me...I have had to go get it from her room several times and threatened her not to move it anymore....Michelle she thinks you sent it to her also....I told her the candy cane was hers and I guess she thinks all of the package was...hehehe





Now the whole reason we celebrate Christmas...the birth of our savior!
I have this sitting under my tree in the kitchen...I so love manger scenes...I have one from the Holy Lands that I will share later with you all...but I collect these...something Michelle did not know but was tickled when I saw it...it really is an ornament but I loved it sitting out more so I use it as a what not.
She also sent me sop which I sent her some also....but the pic turned out dark....sorry I did not know till I came to work and uploaded my pics here...but the soap looked like the vintage type boxes.....simply cute I say! I will try and take another pic and share what it looked like....Also I got a vintage necklace and she is on my angel that lights up...I took a pic but it is not showing up either...see this camera is giving me fits...I have been looking around for a new one but thought maybe I would wait till after Christmas and see if I can get even a better deal...anyway I loved my swap with Michelle and have become good friends just because of Robin introducing us...What a great way to meet new friends....Love ya Michelle and love all my goodies...Lexi did to! hehehe









14 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Beth ~ I'm so glad you and Lexi enjoyed everything! I had so much fun shopping for you!

I'm so very glad that we've become friends. And one day, I want to come down and meet you..it would be soooo much fun!

Hugz and have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugz to Lexi too!

Michele

Screaming Meme said...

Thank you so much for sharing.....It is so nice to share ideas and treasures this time of year!... Hi, I'm Meme from Screaming Meme....It is so nice to meet you! Meme

Tam said...

What great GOODIES!!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Those are great goodies that you got. I am glad that you shared them with us.

Tell Lexi I would want to eat them too. They look good enough to eat.

Marlene

April said...

My goodness at the goodies you got! How very sweet of your blogging friends! I've never participated in a swap or exchange, but I will definitely have to whenever I get wind of another one. Sounds like tons of fun!

Darlene said...

Hi Beth,

It looks like you got some fabulous things in the swaps!

Jeni said...

How fun...I like those gingerbread ornies!

Stitching....SO EASY if you can crosstitch you will LOVE the primitive stich!!!! So much less time to make cute things! If you look on my blog go to OCT and on the 3rd of October there is a post about how to stitch. Let me know if you try it....try it today....you can just write the word snowflake and stitch it! It's a running/backstitch. Have fun!

Joanna said...

Love your swap items....I love the Santa...So very unique!

Shannon said...

You got some cute cute cute things!!

PS I hope my mom doesn't ask for the silver back. :)

Elise said...

Looks like you got some great stuff!!
Elise

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got a load of goodies!
And I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such lovely things!!! Merry Christmas!!!

It's so great to *meet* you!!!!

Kelli said...

What a fun swap and beautiful gifts! I know you will treasure them for years to come. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
~Kelli

Darlene said...

Hi Beth,

I have to tell you I can't paint like that any more....well, maybe with some practice again, but my hand is not steady like it used to be. I don't remember how to blend and hi-light anymore. I had taken about a year of tole painting classes (20 years ago) and she had us painting some really cute things. Most of us in the class LOVED Christmas so we painted a lot of Christmas things. She was a great teacher.