Thursday, January 6, 2011

HELP NEEDED




want to redo my bathroom

basically it will be mainly decor

i got this candle that my oldest daughter had thrown in the trash so I thrifted and brought it to my home to use.

funny thing is i bought it many years back for her home...

the top two pics are while my house was being built

i would love any suggestions...

3 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How fun!! What do you think about wainscoting or wallpapering the far wall with a classic print, maybe something graphic. then painting the wall behind the mirror in a color that compliments the focal wall. And then doing the same wallpaper or wainscoting on the right hand side of the tub, above the bump in the wall? Maybe even using shingling like they do on Cape Code houses on those two walls. Or Paneling that goes all the way to the ceiling and painting it white?

And maybe building a big frame around the mirror and painting it white too?


Just some thoughts. I can't wait to see what you do!

xoxo
Jen

Reunion Committee said...

I would love to see a soft blue green or grey blue on the walls. black or Silver framed pictures on the walls with silver accessories on the sink. Curtains that have the same color as the walls on the windows?
Its a gorgeous bathroom with a lot of potential.

Elise said...

Hey Beth...I would say find either a shower curtain or fabric that you love and go from there. Pick a color out of the fabric for the walls, paint and distress the vanity if you want to change it...I love the idea of beadboard!! Um, maybe take a coordinating fabric to make a topper for your window or, or put a louvered shutter up there as an awning{I've seen this done and maybe can scrounge up a pic for you, if you like}. Maybe get a black iron towel holder to coordinate with the candleholder. Girl, I would drive down there and help...that would be fun!!! Can't wait to see what you decide!!
Elise