Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TEA TIME


Down in the South a common drink for all meals is sweet tea. I never even thought about what others may drink with their meals until I was watching the food network and on the show someone stated they didn't drink tea much in their home.  So I thought what a good blog topic.


Gosh I make pitchers and pitchers of tea in a week. I can not even imagine how mant tea pitchers I have made but believe me it is a bunch. My whole family are tea lovers.


What about you....is tea just as popular in your home like mine? If not, what else replaces your drink with your meals?

If you have never made tea it is quick and simple.
Just add two family size teabags in a 1 medium size (I think mine is a 2 quart) pot filled with water and boil. Once finished boiling turn off and add 2 cups of sugar to a tea pitcher and add tea after it has cool somewhat. Then fill the rest of pitcher up with cold water and stir. Simple as can be.  

9 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

This is probably dumb, but what is sweet tea? Is it regular tea with sugar in it? I have had southern friends who were always talking about how they loved it, but felt too dumb to ask.

Good topic!

XOXO
Jen

Maggie S said...

Ages ago, dh gave me some Republic of Tea Rose Petal tea. I was having a party so, I brewed it and made a simple syrup on the stove with a cup of sugar and a dash of water and put equal parts simple syrup and honey in this iced tea. It was rare and delicate.

Is there a best brand of tea? We are in the south, now and there so many brands.

Joanna said...

LOVE sweet tea! We make pitchers and pitchers a week of it. There is never a day that goes by in our house and we don't make it. And that is all we drink. No sodas for us, it's sweet tea!

Unknown said...

you know we drink sweet tea here at least a pitcher a day :D

Carrie

Reunion Committee said...

I make a pitcher a week for the hubby. Sun tea in the summer is a staple also! Love tea!
~ Tana

April said...

Girl...I simply could not survive without my sweet tea! No way, no how! Wanna know how I make mine? Well, I take 3 family size tea bags and put them in the basket of my coffee maker where the coffee filter goes. I run 48 oz. of water through the coffee maker. I fill a 1 gallon size pitcher with half cold water and 1 cup of sugar (maybe a little more, depending on the taste) and give it a good stir. When the tea is finished brewing, I pour it into the pitcher, give it another good stir, and let it cool down in the fridge. It's so YUMMY!

Tam said...

Great Post...of course my Husband and kids love sweet tea I however have to drink unsweet tea. Diabetic thang...LOL

Nichole said...

I don't really care for tea. I do make sun tea in the summer though and enjoy that. We usually have milk or water with our meals.

Elise said...

We love sweet tea, though I don't make it as often as I used to. I only use about a cup or so of sugar. I cannot imagine not having sweet tea. Or not liking it. I read a Southern themed book one time and these people went up North, to a restaurant, and asked for sweet tea and they said it wasn't in season. They were like, "It's not strawberries, sweet tea doesn't have a season."
Elise